How do I upgrade system for card game?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for trading card game, fully documented in comments and video
  • hi.

imaging clash royal game ( board and card game ). there is a upgrade system for cards you get those.

example for card 1 ===> ( Goblin )

first upgrade need 2 card of goblin.

2nd upgrade need 4 card of goblin.

3nd upgrade need 7 card of goblin and etc.

and for all cards it is true!

so, when you get 3 cards of goblin at the first, it can level up and 1 card left for next upgrade.

my question is , is it logical to create variable for each card or array for that? or any idea?

• Sounds like you need a variable to count cards of a certain type.

Comparing how many of each type of card can be handled in a sub event.

• thank you, but is there any problem if i use many variable like 200 variable or more?

• thank you, but is there any problem if i use many variable like 200 variable or more?

No you can use as many variables as you need but you should not need nearly that many.

• how? i don't get that!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • how? i don't get that!

How many different cards do you have and how many of each card type?

• about 40 cards and 10 upgrade for each of theme

• about 40 cards and 10 upgrade for each of theme

Not how many total cards. How many different types of card do you have like you have a Ghouls type and what other types or categories of cards?

The power ups can all be handled in sub events.

• as i say i have about 40 card like : goblin, ghoul, archer and ... . they have 10 power up level , but :

[quote:1krfxy80]The power ups can all be handled in sub events.

as you say , i was thinking about this already, in this way i don't need many variable. thank you.

-------

oh man, about http://pinball-sandbox.comli.com/Spelunker/ i work with that, it's awesome.just wow, what about export?

• as i say i have about 40 card like : goblin, ghoul, archer and ... . they have 10 power up level , but :

[quote:1vg1nqm6]The power ups can all be handled in sub events.

as you say , i was thinking about this already, in this way i don't need many variable. thank you.

-------

oh man, about http://pinball-sandbox.comli.com/Spelunker/ i work with that, it's awesome.just wow, what about export?

OK good- you will need a variable for each category of cards but everything else can be handled in sub events.

I am still working on those games but export may be possible once I get it finished. Glad you like it!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)