How do I upload to Kongregate?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:40 am

I've exported my game using the Kongregate option. I'm going through the Kongregate upload page and it asked for the game file, but none of them work. It wants a flash or unity file, but I've tried all the files generated by the exporter.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:05 am

Here, I found a tutorial for you:
http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/79/uploading-html5-games-to-kongregate/page-1
But keep in mind, that kongregate is mainly flash or unity, but it does support JavaScript to some extent. According to the tutorial all non flash/unity submissions have to be approved by the team.

I'm not sure how high-a-quality your game is, but I don't recommend uploading 'test' games.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 pm

Hmmm, this is way too complicated and seems out of date, since it suggests exporting your file as an HTML5 file rather than the in-built Kongregate option. I would assume you'd need to use the Kongregate option to upload to Kongregate, so there needs to be a new tutorial or something.

Followed it anyway, got absolutely nowhere. The links don't point to the right places and I couldn't even get the correct files downloaded. I think I'll wait an update or three until this is simplified or a working tutorial appears.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:14 am

@farflamex

It works perfectly for me. I didn't submit it though as I have no finished projects at the moment. If this is complicated I suggest switching to another platform.

If you want me to rewrite the tutorial for you, I can if you want.lonehangman2012-10-26 09:15:50
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:22 pm

I love Construct so I won't switch platform just to use Kongregate. It's not exactly a big issue right now, just something I'd like to look into.

I do use computers a lot and I've programmed in dozens of languages - I only use Construct now because it's such a joy to use and makes programming fun. Point I'm making is, I'm very computer-savvy, so I don't think this is just a case of me being dumb. Maybe though :p

The main problems I had with the tutorial were, first it said to export as a html5 project, which seems strange considering theres a specific Kongregate option in C2 now. And secondly, the links didn't seem to link correctly or it wasn't clear what I was looking for.

I'd appreciate an updated tutorial but I don't expect you to go out of your way. I get a feeling that something has changed since you wrote it, which may be why it didn't work.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:57 am

why did scirra make the Kongregate exporter if it doesn't work lol, or maybe we need a new tutorial to use it. I checked the manual and it said woopsy daisy.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:39 am

Nvermind, i figured it out from someone on scirra. Youtube video comming soon at ConstructDude on youtube.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi farflamex,

You just need to export to Kongregate.

If you decide to use dropbox, you have to create a Public folder.

Here there is a video that I hope will help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Eew7oCvJdk
B

Return to How do I....?