How do I Use Ajax and PHP to send an Email?

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Paypal PHP Supports multiple platforms, Web/html5 Android, IOS. (Including storing transaction data)
  • Hi Everyone,

I was here lastnight looking through alot of the forums for an example of some kind to show me how to send an email from my game to my email inbox.

I seen a few examples on how to pull up URL using Ajax but i have seen nothing on this site that shows how to actually send an email msg.

Could someone with the knowhow show us the universal way of making this happen? Thanks in advance everyone.

• Anyone? I have not seen much on this topic inside the manual.

I really just need to know how to send an email to myself.Is it possible to do without having to touch complex code??

I want to ask the player to join a mailing list for people that want to stay up to date with the project or future projects.

I figured alot of people would rather do it from a game then to go to an actual website and sign up.

I dont have much programming experience being im a designer but im truly loving this engine.

• Ashley or Tom or anyone could i get a hand ?

• This forum isn't the right place to ask. It's not anything to do with Construct 2. It's just a straightforward PHP/mail server setup. I'm sure there are lots of guides on the web if you search around, and then it would be better to ask somewhere like stackoverflow.com if you have trouble setting it up.

• Ashley Of course it has something to do with construct 2! It is going to be in my game.

I seen tutorials on how to set up high score tables and send information to other websites,I figured it couldnt be much different,But i could be wrong.

Im here asking because i feel like other people would have atleast tried to do it inside the app they are creating.Maybe not.

I am not a coder,I really dont understand alot of it,But i am learning.

Ashley Will StackOverflow tell me how to set this up through Construct2? Like i was saying in my last msg Im just trying to send a msg from my game to my email.Its for the productivity of my future games.

I understand that PHP might not have anything to do with construct,but if im using it inside my construct 2 application it has alot to do with my project. Im just trying to learn thats all.

Thank you for your reply Ashley i really appreciate you taking the time from your busy day to reply.I will try and search around on stackoverflow.com.

• Hi Everyone,

I was here lastnight looking through alot of the forums for an example of some kind to show me how to send an email from my game to my email inbox.

I seen a few examples on how to pull up URL using Ajax but i have seen nothing on this site that shows how to actually send an email msg.

Could someone with the knowhow show us the universal way of making this happen? Thanks in advance everyone.

hi

yes you can send mail from c2 with the help of ajax object and one php file

done successfully for one of my e-learning game.

m sharing with you layout and event code image + php file

hope its helpful .

oops i am not able to upload php doc

not even txt.

post ur id i will mail you.

• I searching long time a tutorial or example how send email. Maybe someone can make tutorial for this. Its very important to me too.

Ii not a programmer thats why i choose Construct 2.

I think Ashley can prepare new template with this, that will be delicius

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • piuuu

Thank you for your reply!

I really would love to see your capX and break down how this works.This is my first time trying to implement this inside of a project.Thank you for your response,I felt kinda dumb after ashley told me to go to another website,i really thought this was a part of construct 2.Im slowly figuring out that some of the things involved with this procedure work with construct,i thought they were things that construct already had implemented out of the box. Thank you piuuu once again

• RookieDev

any time

m not able to upload php doc

it redirect me on same page.

give me you id.

• piuuu which id do you mean? i am alittle confused

• piuuu which id do you mean? i am alittle confused

any mail id (gmail ,yahoo.....)

i will directly mail you capx and php file.

• piuuu

Sir, I need those files.

I had pm my email to you already.

• Thread is a bit old..

What you want to do is have construct collect the email address, title, message and then send it to your server in an ajax post request.

The hardwork is done by the server, Look at the "form-to-email.php" image here: http://www.html-form-guide.com/email-fo ... -form.html

Basically on your server you get the post data and use php to send the email with the mail() function.

• piuuu

Sir, I need those files.

I had pm my email to you already.

Hello newlee

I have mail you all details.

Hope it will help u out

• piuuu

Man thanks!

I'm gonna check it out.

Thank you very much~

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)