How do I Use Bump Mapping?

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:56 pm

Hey there, so I was messing around with the shader effects for a project of mine, and I was curious about how to use the bump mapping shader. After finding a demo CAPX which showed it off, I decided it might be a cool thing for me to use in my project, but I have no idea on how to use it.
B

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:12 pm

Bump mapping workflow is a bit strange in C2 :)
For each objects you want to add bump mapping effect you need to create a second object with normal texture and bump mapping effect applied. Then you will need to position both objects in same space on layout (the one with bump effect must be on top of normal sprite) and use them as one.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:40 pm

Hmmm, well what about the first object? I apologize for my naivety on the subject!
B

Post » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:09 am

The first object is left how it is (I tried to avoid using the word 'normal' because, well...). You would then layer the bump mapped object on top of the original. This second object should have an RGB normal map to give the proper data to the shader. If you have a lot of bump-mapped objects, put them on their own layer and bump-map the whole layer (Though, note, this will look a little different than doing each object). I hope that helps.

For example, I have plain ground textures and then a bumpmap applied over top to make it look wetter:

B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions