How do I use central servers with the Multiplayer Plugin?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Please answer, I am a bit stuck.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:58 am

It depends on your host. You should talk to them about it. If you can remote desktop in to the server, you should just be able to run the EXE like normal.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Well, after many days trying to get a free server that runs exe files (it's impossible), I've finally decided to export the chat as a html and run it on the server. But, whenever I log out from the server, the host also logs out. I thought it would keep running as a permanent host :cry:
I don't get it, what's the difference between running the chat on a dedicated server and running it on a browser tab, if I have to keep both the server and the browser tab opened in order to keep the chat running? I thought there was a way to keep a permanent host using dedicated servers...
PS: Does iOS already support WebRTC, or are iOS devices still unable to run the Multiplayer Plugin?
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:59 pm

ChesVCF wrote:Well, after many days trying to get a free server that runs exe files (it's impossible), I've finally decided to export the chat as a html and run it on the server. But, whenever I log out from the server, the host also logs out. I thought it would keep running as a permanent host :cry:
I don't get it, what's the difference between running the chat on a dedicated server and running it on a browser tab, if I have to keep both the server and the browser tab opened in order to keep the chat running? I thought there was a way to keep a permanent host using dedicated servers...

You need two server-side programs running. One is the webserver which runs your C2 application and one is the browser on the server which talks to the webserver (over the localhost, presumably) and acts as the 'host' client.

You are beginning to see why I consider dedicated servers 'normal' though.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:36 pm

gumshoe2029 wrote:You are beginning to see why I consider dedicated servers 'normal' though.

Yes :lol:

gumshoe2029 wrote:You need two server-side programs running. One is the webserver which runs your C2 application and one is the browser on the server which talks to the webserver (over the localhost, presumably) and acts as the 'host' client.

Ok... So, I have the first one (the server that hosts my C2 application) but I don't have the second one, I guess... And what do I have to do in order to get the second one to work? I have looked up many tutorials but I didn't find nothing interesting.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:55 pm

You need to install a browser on your server.

If you use a GUI server, then you can just get a normal browser, but if you run a command line server, then you need a headless browser.

How do you operate your server? By command line or some remote desktop kind of thing?

For headless ones:
Go to the links I put on the first page: how-do-i-use-central-servers-with-the-multiplayer-plugin_p1092371?#p1092371
Pick a browser and go to the website for that project and look over the documentation.

I am assuming you know how to install and use a normal browser.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?