How do I use checkpoints

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:41 pm

Hey guys,

I know how to create a checkpoint, but when I start at the checkpoint all the enemies that where killed stay killed. And I would like to restart all enemies.... But I don't know how. Anybody have an idea?

thx and grtz
B

Post » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi,

Your explanation was not clear. Could you please clarify what settings you have or explain your situation in more detail?
Thank you to Construct 2 for giving me the ability to create games without programming knowledge.

My games & gaming portal = DolyGames

If anyone wants to cooperate to help each other Win-Win please email me - I am always happy to discover new opportunities.

Cheers,

COSMOS
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:01 pm

If you are using a checkpoint (aka save point) correctly the enemies that were killed would stay killed... That said, if it is a platformer style where only the player location and score is checkpointed then you will need to respawn all your enemies whenever you restart the level from the checkpoint most likely using a variable.

But like DGC said.. we need more information to tailor a fix for your specific need.
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions