How do I use Spriter with a mix of animation and events

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:33 pm

I apologize for the extremely late reply. The plugin has an Action under 'Override Animation' called 'Override Bones With IK', this does simple 2 bone IK to the target you specify. It would be up to you to tell it where to IK to.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:10 am

lucid wrote:I apologize for the extremely late reply. The plugin has an Action under 'Override Animation' called 'Override Bones With IK', this does simple 2 bone IK to the target you specify. It would be up to you to tell it where to IK to.

Hello, thanks for the reply!
I tried the override bones with IK a few times before and one more time now, but without luck :I've been searching for tutorials too, but couldn't find any..
Can you, please, show me how to achieve this?
I think it would be awesome to have a tutorial in your site or youtube channel on this subject too!
B
S

Post » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:54 am

We will add this to the tutorial at some point but chances are the issue was just needing to know these actions are meant to be used every tick using the object names from Spriter. Try Every Tick - Override "yourBoneOrSpriteName" (the hame within Spriter) scale to 2. See if it works.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:55 am

lucid wrote:We will add this to the tutorial at some point but chances are the issue was just needing to know these actions are meant to be used every tick using the object names from Spriter. Try Every Tick - Override "yourBoneOrSpriteName" (the hame within Spriter) scale to 2. See if it works.

Sorry, I really couldn't make it work :(
I made a .capx with this last test.. tried to make the 'foot' go towards the mouse keeping the animation at the same time. Not works.. :|
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai2wcz1Xix0ygbsJxah2BA_gyRF7xA
B
S

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:55 pm

@Zathan
Use the bone names, instead of the sprite names. The names can be seen if you click the hierarchy tab, or expand the timeline view in Spriter. in this case, in C2 change the name of the parent and child to "bone_000" and "bone_001", respectively.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:21 pm

lucid wrote:@Zathan
Use the bone names, instead of the sprite names. The names can be seen if you click the hierarchy tab, or expand the timeline view in Spriter. in this case, in C2 change the name of the parent and child to "bone_000" and "bone_001", respectively.

Ahh! That's it. So I need to reference the bone name... I'm really dumb hehe
Thank you very much for the help.
But, seriously, it would be awesome to have a formal tutorial on this subject. That's a really cool feature.

Just one more thing... there is a place where I can download always the last release of the c2 plugin?
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Yes. It will always be in the Spriter Plugin for C2 link in my signature, and in this thread.
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?