How do I use the educational license?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:19 am

Hey guys,

sorry if this is a rather stupid question, however I don't find a solution to this problem:

My school owns a educational license for Construct2, however I can't get it to work on my PC.
My professor gave us the following information regarding the license:

- License type
- Product
- Licensed to
- Comment

- Timestamp
-Hash

Obviously I won't post the personal information :D

The question is now: wat? I only saw the option to import a license file in C2, so... how do I get this license file :D?

Thanks in advance!

Happy Coding
B

Post » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:28 am

The education license comes in two forms :
* On-site license : The license can be installed on location of the institute itself, on as many computers as the school possesses/wants.
* Take-home license: The license is issued individually for the student. One take-home license per student and the license is valid as long as the school's on-site license is valid/subscribed for.

Then as far as using the license itself you can refer to this manual article.

It sounds like perhaps your teacher gave you a license which is supposed to be on-site, which goes against the terms of the license and should not be something to be done.
So be sure to confirm with your teacher if he's providing you a take-home license for your own personal usage, or if he's attempting to give away on-site licenses which he should not and could get him and the institute he works for in troubles.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:40 am

Hey there,

thanks for the fast reply. I'm gonna ask the teacher asap to clear the situation.
B

Return to How do I....?