How do I use the Paster plugin to create reflections?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi everyone, I've seen many people go on about Paster and Canvas and using them, and have seen them used for reflections. And yet, I see no proper tutorials on how to use them properly, so I'm kind of stumped.

https://ibb.co/mQZ5Vo

I'm looking for only the platforms to reflect the player also, so it only appears when near or on one.

How doable is this, and would anyone be willing to help or give any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm not sure you'd need the paster for this. You could probably use a destination atop for a duplicate, upside down sprite (with some alpha adjusted for your purposes) and a clear sprite over the boxes you'd need to reflect with a destination out blend.

• I'm not sure you'd need the paster for this. You could probably use a destination atop for a duplicate, upside down sprite (with some alpha adjusted for your purposes) and a clear sprite over the boxes you'd need to reflect with a destination out blend.

Are there any Capx's you could provide that show this example? I've looked blending mode tutorials also, but none seem to super helpful for making reflections or anything, they all seem to just use them to make lighting around torches

Thanks!

• I’m really sorry but I’m not going to be able to get a capx to you until at least the weekend .

• I’m really sorry but I’m not going to be able to get a capx to you until at least the weekend .

That's okay, I managed to do it! I'll post it on here for anyone on C2 who's searching for how to make reflections.

Simply put your reflection object (like, a mirrored sprite of your player) and what you want it reflected onto (say, a water sprite) on the same layer. Then put the reflection object's blend mode to Source Atop. Finally, change that entire layer by clicking on it and setting Force Own Texture to yes.

Super simple stuff, I hope it helps someone out there!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)