How do I use the same 'engine' event sheet for all levels

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
- This pack is suitable for shooting games, running games, platform games, and side-scrolling...
  • I'm making a game with multiple different game modes, but aside from a few things they all operate in the same way. How do I make it so every level uses the same engine, and then select parts of the code depending on what level it is.

In other words, with 2 game modes, one that times the player and one that counts deaths, how do i make it so if they choose the time version, when they win it takes them to the time layout, and on the deaths one, if they win it takes them, to the deaths layout, without copying the player control event sheet for every single level?

This is hard to explain XD

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Include event sheets into layout event sheet, or change each layouts event sheet to be a single one.

So break your event sheets down into sections, then include them when you need them.

• Either you attach the same event sheet to every layout in the layout properties, or you give every layout their own event sheet and include the "engine"-event sheet..

• Ne7herM0St, you may also want to consider using C2's Plugin for Functions...https://www.scirra.com/manual/149/function

i'm developing a game and using the logic like you....encapsulating actions in several functions and calling those functions from different levels. the above suggestions and functions should allow you the flexibility and power to quickly reuse the same actions over-and-over again from different levels. hope that helps.

• Either you attach the same event sheet to every layout in the layout properties, or you give every layout their own event sheet and include the "engine"-event sheet..

Including the engine event worked great, thanks ^.^'

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)