How do I use the VS2015 Visual Assets ?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:39 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm trying for a while to create a package of my game on the windows store but it's impossible.

The problem is in the "Visual assets" tab. I put some my images on every icon but it doesn't work. It says : "the app's manifest refers to the system image "X\X", which has no candidate in the principal application package."

Thanks in advance for those who can help me ! By the way I tried with a random project and it does the same errors. Errors which nobody talk on the web and Visual Studio documentation.
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi. I replaced the 4 placeholder images but get the same error with the current version of C2 and Visual Studio. 3 Images are missing or not assigned properly. How can I fix this? :(

Log shows this:
1>package.appxmanifest(18,145): error APPX3210: App manifest references the image 'images\Logo.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package.
1>package.appxmanifest(8,6): error APPX3210: App manifest references the image 'images\storelogo.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package.
1>package.appxmanifest(19,27): error APPX3210: App manifest references the image 'images\splashscreen.png' which does not have a candidate in main app package.

But there are images shown in the Assets manager.
Bl4ckSh33p-Soft - Custom Software and Indie Games
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi! Just got a reply on Microsoft forums and it seems Construct is missing some files. The new Win10 requires the Scale 200 files. I added them via the asset manager in Visual Studio and could create the packages. :)

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... =wpdevelop
Bl4ckSh33p-Soft - Custom Software and Indie Games
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?