How do I use variables to set velocity for vector X,Y

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:38 pm

After reviewing the following Tutorial, https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1335/u ... d-velocity

I'm trying to find the set position to action with no luck, I see set position to object but that is it. Also when they mention variables in the above tutorial is this a global variable? The functionality outlined in the tutorial is exactly what I'm looking for but I am having trouble setting this up with events.

Any information is appreciated!
B

Post » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:52 am

Variables velocityX and velocityY are instance variables.
Click on your sprite, you'll see "Instance variables" tab on the left panel.

Also, I should add that the above mentioned tutorial describes very basic movement. It helps to understand how things work, but you might get much better results with Bullet behavior or Sine or Car or Particles or lots of other behaviors/plugins.
Check out my awesome game Doptrix
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:58 am

Yeah... @Ropascucci, I'll have to agree with @dop2000 here. This tutorial seems to be a really complicated way to achieve something that several behaviors already do.

For instance, you could use 8 Direction behavior and the "Simulate control" to do exactly that.
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?