How do I Use Waits

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:53 pm

So I'm working on this game that uses 80's style graphics, which means a lot of on screen code. That also means a thick typing cursor that blinks on screen constantly. Unfortunately, I can't get the whole blinking... or moving thing done.
For the blinking, I have the code in its own event sheet. the code goes:

System Repeat Infinity times
Cursor (name of the text sprite I'm using for the typing cursor) Set Invisible
System Wait 1 seconds
Cursor Set Visible
System Wait 1 seconds

I'm not sure what it is, but I can't seem to get multiple waits working on the same sheet on another event sheet as well (also concerning the "Cursor" sprite font).

Gods of coding! Help!
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Well it seems to me this event is triggered every tick, so every tick you are setting invisible and every tick you start the wait one second etcetera..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:14 pm

You could do it this way

sprite is visible
> system wait 1second
> sprite set invisible
> system wait 1second
> sprite set visible
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:20 pm

LittleStain wrote:Cursor (name of the text sprite I'm using for the typing cursor) Set Invisible
System Wait 1 seconds

No, that doesn't seem to work. Perhaps it's because it is a sprite font?
(I'm new, so I don't know to much, so pardon any seemingly dumb questions please)
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Where did I say that?
Your quote was nothing I ever said..

What is "(name of the text sprite I'm using for the typing cursor)" supposed to mean and do?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:44 pm

My bad. it was supposed to be your suggestion. I got the same result as always. The cursor just stays there. Doesn't blink or move or anything.

And that section in parenthesis just explains the name of the font sprite. "cursor" is just the name for it.
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:02 pm

[quote=]That also means a thick typing cursor that blinks on screen constantly. [/quote]

Why didn't you do this with a two frame animation? Put your square in the first frame and let the second frame empty. Now put the animation on loop.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:03 pm

Ok, nevermind. I just started a fresh project and it worked. I don't know what I did on that other project. Sorry!
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:04 pm

double post
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?