How do I utilize Admob in my games? Any EASY way?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:46 am

What's the difference between admob and adsense?
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:27 am

JLH1964: I'm sooooo sorry.. but I'm still a bit confused. Here is where I'm at:

1. I created my game in Construct 2
2. Thank to your help, I incorporated AdMob into my Construct 2 game.
3. I then exported the game in construct 2 using "Html5"

But now how do I create a "Google Play APK"?

I THINK I use the program 'Intel XDK' but I don't see any way to 'build' anything that says "Google Play APK." I see options to build for "crosswalk for android" "Android" "IOS" and "Windows 8." Or do I use 'cocoon' to make the conversion?

So what am I missing? How exactly do I convert my Construct 2 game (that I converted to html5) into ""Google Play APK" that I can then upload to Amazon?

Thank you greatly soooooooooo much in advance. There is noooooo way I'd figure this stuff out on my own.
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:54 am

I'm sorry. I'm still stumped. I just spent another 3 hours and went in circles and accomplished nothing. Here is what I did:

I added AdMob to my Construct 2 game.

I saved it as a html5.

I then went to Cocoon and compiled it as "Google PlayStore (Android)."

I uploaded the game to Amazon. The game plays but no ads.

I then went back to Cocoon and then selected "MoPub" under ads services... then I read that I have to visit "MoPub" and set up an account there just to get "Admob" to work. I spent more time trying to get that to work on MoPub.. but no success.

Um.. I'm sooooo sorry to be a pain.. but could somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE provide some super duper simple directions on how to get ads to display on Amazon in a game that I make using Construct 2. It seems the whole planet can do it, but I can't seem to figure it out.. and I've lost track of how many HOURS I've spent trying to figure this out. Thanks enormously.
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:44 am

I have tried countless methods to get this to work.. No luck.

I also followed the instructions here (which were very easy to understand -- even for me):

https://www.scirra.com/manual/184/admob

Unfortunately, however, this did NOT work either. In fact, when I use Intel XPK and export it to "android" not only doesn't the ads display, but the sound also does not work.

Argh!! :(
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Hello Puzzle,

I'm not in front of my dev PC right now so here are the steps as I remember them:

1. Create your game in C2
2. Create an 'Empty project' in XDK. Take note of where the 'www' folder for that project is.
3. Export from C2 as 'Crosswalk' (accept Android defaults on the next screen) and export to the XDK, empty, 'www' folder from Step 2.
4. In XDK - add to your project Admob plugin, icons etc - make sure to be on the 'Crosswalk' tab when adding icons and descriptions etc.
5. In XDK, build using 'Crosswalk for Android'

This will create two APKs - one is ARM and one is Intel. I only use the ARM version and this is what I upload to the Google Play Market and the Amazon market.

Hope this helps. :)

PS - Don't trust the XDK emulator. it will not show adds and sometimes will not play sounds that work fine on devices.
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:48 pm

JLH1964: When I get home, I'll definitely give your suggestion a shot... Apparently I spent tons of time screwing with Cocoon unnecessarily.. but heck.. if you get this to work, I will be soooooo absolutely grateful! I'll try it tonight when I get home. I also found this tutorial which sounds very similar to your suggestion -- so keep your fingers crossed:

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/809/ho ... -crosswalk

PS: Just a quick question in the meantime. In construct 2, should I set it to display ads "on application startup" or should I set it to display ads on "every tick". I figured I'd ask just to make sure.
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Hello puzzele,

Admob banner ads are a waste of time; use Admob interstitial ads. They generate 10x more revenue. To implement:

1. LOAD the ad on layout load.
2. DISPLAY the ad on some action (every 10th click of a certain button etc)

If you display the interstitial ad on launch (without the user doing anything) , Its a violation of Googles user experience. Your app may be suspended.

Good luck!
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:35 am

Argh! I just followed the instructions and I am still NOT seeing any ads displayed in the game. I'm still waiting for Amazon to approve the game.. but while waiting, I emailed me the arm .apk file on my tablet, installed it and played it.. everything works but still NO ads. Argh!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some screen shots of how I am attempting to display the ads in Construct 2. Could that be the problem!?

Any help would be enormously appreciated. I have spent hours and hours and hours trying to get the ads to work.. but they aren't. What the heck am I doing wrong!?!

PS: I also followed the instructions here exactly as described:
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/809/ho ... -crosswalk

PPS: I also followed the instructions here exactly as described also:
https://www.scirra.com/manual/184/admob

I am sooooooooooooooooo frustrated... CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHOW ME HOW TO GET ADS TO BE DISPLAYED. Admittedly, I'm a complete dummy/novice.. but come on.. it really shouldn't be this difficult. :(
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:19 pm

To make matters worse, I just heard from Amazon. Evidently, when I used the XDK program, it screwed something else up because Amazon just sent me this message:

---
[game] does not install on Kindle Fire(1st Gen). This app requires a higher Android SDK version than what is currently used to develop for Kindle Fire(1st Gen). Kindle Fire(1st Gen) uses Android 2.3.4 - API Level 10.

Your app has failed a test case.
---

Therefore... I guess I'll go back and use Cocoon since I didn't have a problem adding games to Amazon that way -- unless somebody can easily explain what I did wrong when I used the XDK program. But again, I still can NOT get any ads to display.

Any help is enormously appreciated. Thanks again very very much in advance. :)
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:09 pm

The Amazon message "does not install on Kindle (1st gen)" can be ignored. It merely means that your app wont run on the first gen kindles which has a minimal market share. I assume it 'PASSED' for all other Amazon devices. That's 95% of Amazon devices its OK on. You can fix this by building to a lower Android version number but its not worth the hassle. All my Amazon apps had that message and I ignore it.

As for your ads not showing. I see your using the same ID sting in both your banner ad and interstitial ad fields. They should be different ID numbers. When you create an AdMod ID string it asks you if you want banner or interstitial - a UNIQUE number is then generated. Use an interstitial ad. Banners are a waste of time.

Here is a screenshot of how I implement ads. Follow the 'Yellow' sections. The yellow sections do the following:

On the left - Admob plugin is used with an INTERSTITIAL ID only.
On the left - set 'Test Mode' to False. This OKs the serving of 'real' ads and not test ad content. Only serve real ads when 'ready to ship'.

On the right - I preload an advert and set the counter to '0'.
On the right - The counter increments +1 on every user input.
On the right - When the counter is equal to or greater than 5 - I show an advert. I then reset the counter to '0' and the process starts again.

Hope this helps and I admire your tenaciousness. :)

Capture1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JLH1964 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?