How do I video player with cocoonjs

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hi Everybody!

I have a little problem with a very simple app for android development.

I only need to launch a video from a button, but the video doesn't play...... (it only shows a white screen). I have to made this app run in a slow device with 4.0.4 Android version, the videos are at 1080p and aprox 60mb in mp4 and ogv in html video, if i put these videos directly on the tablet, they works with a random player from the play store....

Any help?

PS: I'm trying to build tthe app with cocoon.js, in webview+ and if I use the cocoon launcher from a online version it works, but when I build the version I tested, it doesn't work...

• Any ideas, maybe some addon to play videos or so? thanks

• I tried with mp4/h264, ogv video and webm/VP8 and it works in html and windows, works in online launcher cocoonjs too, but when I try to export for android/cocoonjs the screen keep white after the splash.

• Hi,

I have the same problem. I need use video over android but is impossible.

I transformed the video in a sprite. Is a crazy solution, but is good for now.

• Is apparently some sort of problem with the hardware emulation of the tablet to use, because in the emulator XDK I can see the video working in all other mobile devices (tablets or cell phones).

Unfortunatelly, I'm working with a Samsung Galaxy tab 2.

• Hello,

We are working on a new extension for Canvas+ for videos. We are currently testing it. In addition, we are working on a new cloud based in cordova in which there is a new Webview+ for android that does support videos. We are planning to open it in beta in the nearly future.

Regards.

• Hello,

We are working on a new extension for Canvas+ for videos. We are currently testing it. In addition, we are working on a new cloud based in cordova in which there is a new Webview+ for android that does support videos. We are planning to open it in beta in the nearly future.

Regards.

First of all thanks you for the answer!

I'm very interested in this feature -playing videos on android- so, is there any way to know where the beta will be launched?

thanks againg and regards.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm very interested in this feature -playing videos on android- so, is there any way to know where the beta will be launched?

thanks againg and regards.

It is in our plans to allow users to register their email in order to receive notifications when the beta is available. We will post it on our blog and on this forum to keep you all informed.

Regards.

• Hi,

I have the same problem. I need use video over android but is impossible in intel XDK and Ludei.

A few weeks ago It worked with the XDK.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)