How do I view exported project in browser

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • I uploaded my project to Dropbox and google drive and keep seeing the HTML code instead of my game. I've tried in Safari and chrome on my iPhone. What am I missing?

• Try creating a Public folder in Dropbox and put the game folder inside it then access the index.html file (or if you already have the folder Public in Dropbox, just move the game folder inside it).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • On google drive, go to the folder, pick share, share it for everybody, then click the folder, right click the index file and pick "view with google drive viewer" which then pulls up an html file with a preview button at the top. hit preview and that takes you to the url. load that url from wherever.

Okay, that's how I used to do it. but this time, some message popped up telling me how they made something better, I ignored it (whoops!), and now the preview button is not there.

So I'm adding my question for the fine forum folks: where'd my preview button go?

• Try creating a Public folder in Dropbox and put the game folder inside it then access the index.html file (or if you already have the folder Public in Dropbox, just move the game folder inside it).

I tried a share folder since it says public folders are only for Dropbox pro. This is why I tried google drive also.

• Just found this:

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2881970?hl=en

which says "With Drive, you can make web resources — like HTML, CSS, and Javascript files — viewable as a website. This feature currently isn't available in the new Google Drive."

Awesome, great! what an improvement!

(sarcasm)

Now trying to find a way to go back to the old google drive...

• I tried a share folder since it says public folders are only for Dropbox pro. This is why I tried google drive also.

Well that is weird... I am using Dropbox free and I can do that. I read somewhere (can't remember) that the old users had Public folder by default but now it has to be created manually. I deleted mine A LONG time ago when I first created my Dropbox account (perhaps 3-4 years ago).

All I did (a week ago) was create a new folder then set it to Public and it worked. Perhaps if you try that it work like it did with me?

• After getting mad at google drive, I tried with dropbox until I was mad at them too..

I can find no way to set anything "public". Only shareable links which will allow people to download the files, but not view as html.

If anyone can tell us how, it would be much appreciated!

• https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/search?q=dropbox

Yeah, those don't work anymore..

Maybe if you made your account once upon a time, I'm not sure, but the word "public" never shows up anywhere on mine.

Public is only for Pro version.

now they tell you to share, which doesn't do the hosting.

• ohh. I just checked, And you are right. They redesign their system... it's a shame

• Looks like google drive may be headed the same direction (hoping I'm wrong, and they just haven't implemented it yet with their new setup)..

Guess it's time to scout out some new quick hosting solutions/update the tutorials, etc..

If anyone knows of any, please do share!

• There was a https://copy.com but I see that they change some stuff as well :/

Edit:

I'm sorry I've posted my referral link to copy instead of normal one.

• Thanks all for your replies and research. Sounds like this is no longer a valid free option. I am considering just getting my own web hosting which would be cheaper than upgrading to Dropbox pro. Good excuse to make a dev blog along with it.

• I haven't tried it yet, but google has a thing called google sites that lets you put up a free (I believe) site. Maybe that's why they pulled it from drive.

Let us know what you figure out!

• For anyone else still having problems!

Dropbox doesn't currently have an option to host websites

However the link Spacedoubt posted before about Google Drive does work now.

Here it is again: support.google.com/drive/answer/2881970?hl=en

1. Make sure the game folder is public

2. Open up your index.html by double clicking it

3. Copy the last part of the html (the part in bold here) --> drive.google.com/drive/u/0/?pli=1#folders/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4.Now open a new tab and type --> [doc id]

[doc id] being the long set of numbers and letters you copied

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)