How do I work with mobile publishing in Cocoon?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • As i've seen, the main way to publish a game in mobile platforms is using Cocoonjs. When publishing a game in that platform, the game in the market appear like Cocoon is the owner of it? i cant find information about that, but they dont give any apk or ipa file to publish by yourself, no?

• As i've seen, the main way to publish a game in mobile platforms is using Cocoonjs. When publishing a game in that platform, the game in the market appear like Cocoon is the owner of it? i cant find information about that, but they dont give any apk or ipa file to publish by yourself, no?

fire Totem Arena,

From what I know, you're still the owner of the application. The only thing that happens is that the Ludei includes a splashscreen with the logo.

• If i want to get the .apk and .ipa files to publish by myself and im using a pc, what do you think is the best export option?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You have two options: Cocoon JS (more traditional) and Ejecta. Try both to see which the best result for your applications.

CocoonJS: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/303/ho ... o-cocoonjs

Ejecta: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/627/ho ... ith-ejecta

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/926/ej ... ow-for-ios

• Thanks Renato, but unfortunately, Ejecta needs a mac to work and CocoonJS for IOS has the same problem, cause they provide you an XCode project for the final creation of the .ipa file and you need also a mac to open it.

• Sorry. I had not paid attention to what you said about using a PC. You're right about Ejecta, but from what I know, you don't need a Mac to export to iOS by Cocoon JS. Check in the tutorial.

• Yes, already checked, you can upload and test in iOS devices using Cocoon JS but when the time comes to the final publishing, what they send you as i say is a XCode project ready to compile for App Store. You need a mac to open XCode projects. As it's the final step, maybe you can just ask a friend with a mac just to open the project and publish the game, but the thing is that a mac is needed to finish the process.

Adobe PhoneGap, for example, seems more simple to make all the stuff, but people say that the games run slow when published with it.

• Exactly. To export and testing is not necessary to have one. You just need a Mac to publish your game. If you want to work with games and want to publish them for iOS, I suggest you purchase a Mac Mini with a low setting. I did it (Mac Mini i7) andafter I decided migrate to Mac. Today I use VMWare to access my Windows programs, including the Construct 2, and I have nothing to complain.

The Phonegap is suitable only for very simple games without much movement, and few images. You'll restrict their games.

• Ok, if i finally decide to go for iOS, i think is a good option to buy a Mac Mini and work with Cocoon JS than publishing in PhoneGap with a bad performance (unless they improve it very much, that doesnt seems to be happening soon).

• So, i strongly recommend using cocoonjs. Because it work really fast.

And for publishing on iphone you need mac in all cases. Some people use virtual machine with mac os. It's problem for all developers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)