How do I

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Hey there , me and a team are trying to create a tower defence game , we are trying to implement a wave system which we have the basis for but have no idea how to spawn a certain number of enemies from different groups all of which are in one family , all i need to know is how to create the system that will spawn the certian types in specific numbers? , also should i put the different classifications of enemies in different families or keep them in one family?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:52 pm

@ryand444 - I know families are powerful and you can do some neat things with them. You could probably go the multiple family route to make this work and still keep a super-family group that has all enemies so you can just do one collision detection.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:49 pm

any idea on how this would work any where i could find some tutorials or tips , i know im asking allot but my self i don' t know much about programming and i could use all the help i can get and thank you once again.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:39 pm

Can you try the repeat event? for example if you want 5 enemies you can use an index from 1 to 5 and have the actions set to spawn the enemies, for different enemies, maybe you can have different enemies on the same sprite but under different animations, when created based on a certain condition Play animation "name" from beginning.

I dont know if this would work but inside my head it sounds reasonable =0)
Image Stoorn Memory Puzzle
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:56 pm

that's kind of what we have set up at the moment , we have it so that it spawns the enemies until it reaches a certian number 10 choosing randomly from a pool of enemies each with their own sprites and animations in a famliy , what we want to do is to be able to control how many of what type is spawned each wave , i hope this is a better explanation.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:00 pm

First image is to spawn X number of enemies using only one object with enemies as different animations, second image with different objects.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:02 pm

brilliant! , shinkan thank you very much , i will give this a go and see what happens it looks like it could be what we need.
B
S

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:32 pm

hey again , i have tried to put the functions into the game , it seems to work fine and allows us to control the number of each type , however at the moment it doesn't seem to be understanding a pattern of functions it just spawns wave 2's instructions instead of 1 regardless of how i change it , is there any way to tell the game to follow them as instructions for each wave rather than every wave that would be very helpfull , im sorry if i haven't explained this correctly and thanks for your time.
B
S

Return to How do I....?