How do I

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:51 pm

I attempting to make my first game which has multiple layouts. The layouts are fairly similar so in order to create the new layout I right clicked on the 1st layout (called main) in the layouts section of the projects area and selected the duplicate layout option. It created a 2nd layout in the layouts section. When I double click the new duplicated layout to create the new layout tab in the View Tabs section, I get an error message which states that Construct 2 creator has encountered a problem and needs to be closed. Construct 2 then closes.

I watched a few video's and this appears to be the method which the people used to create duplicated layouts. I also checked the manual but there does not appear to be any instructions on how to duplicate a layout.

Can anyone please tell me how the duplicate button works and how to correctly get the new layout sheet to appear in the view tab section?

Thank you
B

Post » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:35 pm

It's work fine with me.
Try to reinstall your C2 or use the new Release if you have an old one.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:55 am

Something is conflicting with your C2 file. Uninstall C2 and then turn your pc off. wait 1 minute and switch it on. Now reinstall it it should work fine
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:02 pm

New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Thanks everyone. I did reinstall C2, but I didn't try updating my graphics card driver. I will give it a try. Thanks again for everyone's suggestions.
B

Return to Beginner's Questions