How do I

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:01 am

How do I make the slikes just like in this game -> http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/605279 (When you shoot enemy it slices to a phusical pieces!). (Sorry for bad english).
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:45 pm

There are almost always thousands of ways to make games. You have just have to pick one that works for you.

I couldn't stay on that game long enough to see what you are talking about. The music was not my style.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
I don't check the forums much anymore, but I will receive an email for PMs.

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Well the music didn't bother me, so I took a look at it and I see what you mean. Looks pretty complicated mate, I'm not sure what to tell you....
I'm not sure what the right way to do it is, but here is how I would attempt it:
1. I would make the character/enemy art and then I would split it up into pieces. I would olso create an outline for the character and color it with a random color.
2. I would then load the outline into C2 and load each of the art pieces, all of them as a seperate object.
3. I would then position the outlines where I want on the levels and then put the pieces on top of the outline to make it look like a complete image.
4. I would then add the pin behavior to each art piece and pin them to the outline. I would probably(not 100%) have to add the physics object to each piece too.
5. Then I would make the events on laser object collision with outline check the y of the impact on the outline. Then unpin the art pieces above that y, and set a gravity for them.

That's how I would do it, but like I said I am sure there are better ways of doing it. I just don't know what they are. ;) Good luck mate, you're gonna need it, hope it works out for you.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:19 am

VIKINGS wrote:Well the music didn't bother me, so I took a look at it and I see what you mean. Looks pretty complicated mate, I'm not sure what to tell you....
I'm not sure what the right way to do it is, but here is how I would attempt it:
1. I would make the character/enemy art and then I would split it up into pieces. I would olso create an outline for the character and color it with a random color.
2. I would then load the outline into C2 and load each of the art pieces, all of them as a seperate object.
3. I would then position the outlines where I want on the levels and then put the pieces on top of the outline to make it look like a complete image.
4. I would then add the pin behavior to each art piece and pin them to the outline. I would probably(not 100%) have to add the physics object to each piece too.
5. Then I would make the events on laser object collision with outline check the y of the impact on the outline. Then unpin the art pieces above that y, and set a gravity for them.

That's how I would do it, but like I said I am sure there are better ways of doing it. I just don't know what they are. ;) Good luck mate, you're gonna need it, hope it works out for you.

Thanks! But is there no ways to make all this with code? :(
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?