How do I

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • I'm making a simple Bagatelle game (if you're not ancient like me, you'll have to google that) and I'm wondering if there is a more elegant way of having the balls kept seperate?

Example: I want to launch ball 1,wait for it to stop at the bottom and then launch ball 2 but leaving ball one in its resting place.

Currently I'm "attempting" to do this by using seperate sprites for each ball but I'm sure there has to be a far neater way to do this?

How do I do that?

Edit: ignore that question as I can't even get the ball working right hehe. its bounces far too much, even with gravity on 10,000. :/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you be more specific about this game? A google search gave a lot of variations, which one is the one you're after? Post a link or something (you'll have to make it a pseudo-link because you don't have enough reputation points yet to post a link, something like this will probably work just fine: www_google_com)

• Something along the lines of this h t t p : / / bipingo.com/img/TableTopBagatelle04. png I want to shoot the balls up the side and then fall down and slot into scoring zones, but my ball is just bouncing around like crazy even with gravity insanely high.

• Something along the lines of this h t t p : / / bipingo.com/img/TableTopBagatelle04. png I want to shoot the balls up the side and then fall down and slot into scoring zones, but my ball is just bouncing around like crazy even with gravity insanely high.

On the sprite of the ball the gravity should be assigned a number, just put that number lower

• > Something along the lines of this h t t p : / / bipingo.com/img/TableTopBagatelle04. png I want to shoot the balls up the side and then fall down and slot into scoring zones, but my ball is just bouncing around like crazy even with gravity insanely high.

>

On the sprite of the ball the gravity should be assigned a number, just put that number lower

Thanks, I've been playing with it and its a little better but my balls are still bouncing around like ping pong balls, I can't see to add weight to them so they fall down and stay down. Tried having the world gravity crazily high and high ball density in physics but it doesn't seem to help.

• This is a mess program-wise, but perhaps it will be helpful as a guide.

Live example

Capx file

• eli0s

Quite nice example, but remember that OP is using the free version, so Layer and effect limits apply. He will be able to run this example, but will be unable to edit it. Deleting the shadow effect and the shadow Layer should do it.

• zenox98 , You are right, I haven't thought of that! The link bellow has the same capx but without the things you suggested .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9q20kwmjs304c ... .capx?dl=0

• Nice example eli0s, I like the nudge effect.

[quote:1o76li6b]I'm making a simple Bagatelle game (if you're not ancient like me, you'll have to google that)

I was born after the C18th so I did - interesting, & I had a quick go at making one with the chipmunk physics plugin (which has rounded segment collisions, handy for making pin rings):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/523 ... telle.capx

& you'll need the chipmunk plugin here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... unk2.3.zip

• mattb , great stuff! I know that the chipmunk plugin is more powerful that the build-in physics behavior, but I find it too difficult and obscure to work with. All those parameters that don't actually relate to something visual-physical confuse me! But I can be confused very easily anyway

• Much obliged, eli0s.

Nice version, mattb

• Wow thats amazing!! how fast you did that.. crikey

Thank you so much, I think I'll learn a lot from checking that out step by step.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)