How do I

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Hi,
is there a way to write the next code as a loop?( i have more then a hundred items)
it seems to me that i am doing unnecessary writing.
I have a family that includes many items. i need to create a new item to replace the one the was dragged and it needs to be placed at the same place the original was taken from. so in the Family "items" I added a variable( Name)and i gave each item a unique name (item1,item2,item3...).

thank you
B

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:27 pm

If at all possible I would choose to use animations/frames instead of different sprite-objects..

I've heard of (never used) a third party plugin "nickname" which could possibly make your work easier, if I remember it's use correctly..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:10 pm

question: are animation/frames better then sprite objects? in what way?
each of my sprite object already includes two sometimes three animations...
B

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:35 pm

jiga wrote:question: are animation/frames better then sprite objects? in what way?
each of my sprite object already includes two sometimes three animations...

Ok 100 sprites with two or three animations seems a bit much to me, but I'm sure you know what you are doing..
Are animation/frames better? No
Would it be a lot easier to do what you ask in the first post? Yes

Like I said, have a look at the third party plugin "Nickname" it can probably do in your case, what I would try to do with animations/frames..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?