How Do We Make A Shockwave Effect Like This!

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • I really would like to know if we are able to do this with C2. I looked in the forums and google and didnt see much about it.

Edit: I actually just seen a video and seen this type of effect in the game Airscape if im correct. If it is possible to do this how can I?

Is this a out of the box feature or do i need to do something special with sprites?

• I really would like to know if we are able to do this with C2. I looked in the forums and google and didnt see much about it.

Edit: I actually just seen a video and seen this type of effect in the game Airscape if im correct. If it is possible to do this how can I?

Is this a out of the box feature or do i need to do something special with sprites?

have you tried warp effect?

• no i have not but i will try it. Ive seen the effect used in alot of games over the years but i really never knew how it worked or how to make it happen.

thanks for the reply!

• no i have not but i will try it. Ive seen the effect used in alot of games over the years but i really never knew how it worked or how to make it happen.

thanks for the reply!

i was actually trying to replicate the effect using pulse effect and glass effect, pulse effect is what makes the circular effect like you shown, however it might be you'l need a animation or scale a sprite with the effects on it, however the effect itself might cause high resources. il try and see if i manage to make it work like that, also i know the effect can be done i seen it applied to a robot explosion animation in a old gameboy like game was looking cool.

• i was just thinking the same thing, I am feeling like to reproduce it you will need another sprite to hold the effect. The warp is pretty cool as well, I need to learn more about these effects and how to apply them to my projects. C2 has a ton to offer right out the box and many of people like myself have yet to even try and experience it when in all truth everyone should be taking advantage of these awesome features.

I will play around with it as well, What im not quite understanding is do i need to spawn a sprite with the effect on it , wait so many secs for the effect to run its course then destroy that sprite? Thanks again for the reply i never sleep and im glad to see some active people on here at this time! its 4am for me more coffee! lol

• I will play around with it as well, What im not quite understanding is do i need to spawn a sprite with the effect on it , wait so many secs for the effect to run its course then destroy that sprite? Thanks again for the reply i never sleep and im glad to see some active people on here at this time! its 4am for me more coffee! lol

you apply the effect to a sprite object and animation if required, then delete it at start of layout, right? as you wold normal do with any sprites. then when click is pressed create same sprite at mouse x y position and give the new created object effect parameter 1 2 3 and scale it up or play animation frames depends on your approach.

P.S its 12 am here almost, but i barely sleep also, been wake for about 17 hrs and im still going

• what do i do here, I understand everything that your saying but i dont get how to set it up in the panel.

it looks like water waves and not really the pulse effect i was thinking it would be like. Im sure im doing something wrong in there.

• what do i do here, I understand everything that your saying but i dont get how to set it up in the panel.

it looks like water waves and not really the pulse effect i was thinking it would be like. Im sure im doing something wrong in there.

yea i was thinking that riple effect could give more bulge to shockwave but i guess depends on how assets are made... here is a simple glass examplecomes close to what you where looking for, for sure there is a better effect that creates that shockwave better or maybe is going to give better results on a better image? dont know.. didnt tested yet

• I think the effect i seen was in sqiddster game Airscape. The effect he used in his game is the same exact one im trying to recreate but more subtle. I tried your example thank you for making it! it looks cool but it is not looking like it bulges like you said. Hopefully we can get someone who has done it before.

I do like the effect you made and im going to play with it for a bit. The main reason i need effects like this is for polish. Im really trying to spice up some of my animations because it just feels so bland.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I remember seeing a post asking the same thing a while ago. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the thread again

But here is one of the solution I got from the thread: shockwave

Maybe it can help you

• bbenny93 Thank you! This is very close to what i seen on the video. Would it stop the swirls if i change that sprite to a ring. It kinda looks like a tornado instead of an actual blast. But with that said This effect is pretty cool and less complicated than i thought it would be. i would of never guessed to use magnification nor use a sprite that is the shape of a ring.

• I finally find the post where I found this example:

https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=170543&p=1032888&hilit=Wave+blast+shockwave#p1032888

There are other sprites you can try

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)