How do you make a function?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • I apologize for asking what I would imagine to be a simple question, but I spent a good 20 minutes searching for the answer.

It seems that there is an official way to make functions, but in the tutorials I found it doesn't actually show me how specifically, and as far as I can actually tell by fiddling around with event sheets, there isn't an actual way to make functions officially in C2. Is such a simple time saving ability not implemented into C2 or am I just looking in the wrong places?

• The function plugin let's you write a block of events that can be called and reused from other places in the event sheet. It can optionally set a return value. It's an "official" part of c2 and documented in the manual.

If you mean that you want to write a JavaScript function, then you can do that too - read the SDK documentation about creating a custom plugin.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You need to drop the function object in before you can use functions in your event sheet. Same as you would with mouse, keyboard etc.

• There's an excellent manual entry on Functions, complete with screenshot examples.

Sushin, what more do you need to know?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)