How do you make your art?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:02 pm

I use Gimp (free) for vector arts, Inkscape (free) for more complex 2D art, and 3D Studio Max (sadly, very not free) for 3D art.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:10 pm

I use Adobe Photoshop CC for all of my drawing, and Shoebox for putting together sprite sheets.
If I need something done in multiple perspectives but am having trouble drawing it out, I'll create the basic shape of the object in blender first, then render out 2d images from different angles as a working reference.

My background is in three-dimensional design (as well as fine arts), so sculpting something out or doing lots of rough sketches in a sketchbook is my starting point
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:39 pm

phantomunboxing wrote:
jomo wrote:I draw with GIMP.

I thought you could only edit with gimp?

Yeah~ because currently I don't have plan to pay for image editor, and gimp is enough for me. For animation I use Spriter & Anime Studio. And recently I learned some lessons from Live2D.
Providence University, lecturer.

Tatung University, lecturer.

Consultant per question: USD$15 / time

Consultant by month: USD$300 / month

Customized project: USD$2500 / capx
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:03 pm

phantomunboxing wrote:I thought you could only edit with gimp?

You can draw with gimp. Paint tool, pencil tool, dodge/burn, smudge etc... No prob.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:44 am

I've heard Spriter being said quite a lot on this forum. Can you do frame by frame in that program or are you stuck with ragdoll only? At the moment I'm looking for something like flash but I would prefer one that isn't vector based.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:49 pm

Spriter is modular animation. You can put a skeleton in your creations to control movement. Once you have them animated, you can leave them modular or export them as separate frames. Spriter is an awesome program. I've done all of my animations with it.
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General