How hard is it to make an isometric random map?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:32 pm

@DrewMelton
I compared your capx to the original cap and found the issue.
In events 7-10 you need to change the "miner.CurX" expressions to "miner.At(0)" or "miner.At(1)" like in the CC cap and it works.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:51 pm

@R0J0hound Sweet, it works! Thanks!

I also noticed that when I clicked to redraw map, it was actually adding on rather than recreating, so I added an event under on start of layout to say for each xy of map to set curx and cury to 0 so it starts fresh each time.

I guess the next step is to get enemy and hero placement sorted since this will have to be automated as well. And then I need to decide on what kind of tiles, slanted or straight. So, time for me to get work on that. Everything is coming along nicely though.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:41 am

@R0J0hound Hey, I hate to bother you again, but you seemed most likely to know the answer to this.

I added on to the capx I just posted to include isometric tiles. The problem is that I'm only getting half a map now. Here is a screen shot. Please note that the graphics were made quickly and are a bit crude.

You can see from the mini-map I set up in the bottom right that I'm not getting full coverage of the tiles. The blue is the background.

Also, the green tiles seem heavily biased towards the left side most of the time.

I tried adding some elements to the map array, but it never seemed to fill all the way, and the object count was getting too high for me.

So yeah, it's getting really close and starting to look pretty cool. If I can work out a few more bugs, it'll be pretty sweet.

Changes from last capx:

Able to destroy tiles (changes animation and removes solid)
mini-map added. Draw and refresh by right clicking. (also focuses on player afterwards)
ground tiles changed to iso tiles. Wall tiles change to iso tile with height added.
slight modifications in the way it creates the random map
hero spawns on random ground tile and destroys wall tiles nearby (needs work)
scroll with directions arrows on your keyboard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:59 pm

@DrewMelton
If you set the layout width to 6000 and change the x expressions in events 37,38 from "(map.CurX-map.CurY)*75" to "(map.CurX-map.CurY)*75+3000" then the minimap will be more centered. You can do something similar for the vertical space.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:38 pm

@R0J0hound Thanks, I was able to play around with those numbers and get it centered. I would have tried that before, but I thought maybe it was supposed to fill the whole thing. Now that I really think about it, it makes sense that it does not. Thanks again.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?