How I can create this effect on the score?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I want to create this effect as shown in the video. Help me please?

This is very possible with the lerp expression. But the performance though.

• Imo it is not that hard. With which detail are you having problems with?

You only need to know how to:

create an object

tweening / easing an object

check collision

use instance variables

how to use particle effects (but maybe you don't even want those)

use spritefont for better performance

The only thing worth noting is that it's probably a smart thing to internally add score immediately and let the score counter behave separately from that.

• here you go mate download i just created u the same effect. u can take a look inside i added some poorly commented events ... this is the easy and long way... there might be a more shorter way ...

a quick try, ask if you need more help

demo: http://www.umbriadesign.it/example/exported/FancyCounter/

download: http://www.umbriadesign.it/example/fancy_counter.capx

have fun

• Thank you so much guys! You are great!

• Ribis Hello there! I have a problem with your example. When I put whole numbers like 10, 100, 1000 and thus enters a cyclical state and not finish loading all points to total_score variable.

Unfortunately I searched the error but I have not found.

That problem is?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ribis Hello there! I have a problem with your example. When I put whole numbers like 10, 100, 1000 and thus enters a cyclical state and not finish loading all points to total_score variable.

Unfortunately I searched the error but I have not found.

That problem is?

Wenaptic

try now:

http://www.umbriadesign.it/example/fancy_counter_fixed.capx

• Ribis thx a lot! It´s work perfect!

• Wenaptic

Ribis

The fixed cap is not available anymore, by any chance can you guys please share it again?

Thanks!!

• here you go mate download i just created u the same effect. u can take a look inside i added some poorly commented events ... this is the easy and long way... there might be a more shorter ... but possible harder way...

lerp might be useful.. but in this case... not... remember .. keep ur mind S&S... and ul find so many ways that work easy ... things dont need to be over-complicated

I really like your example a lot. Thanks!

Is there a way to make the score count faster without looking like it's skipping numbers? I like the way the ones place is going at light speed, but when I use multipliers, the ones place doesn't spin really fast like that.

• Is there a way to make the score count faster without looking like it's skipping numbers? I like the way the ones place is going at light speed, but when I use multipliers, the ones place doesn't spin really fast like that.

Thanks, glad you find it useful. ) that ads the total score will slow the increment down a bit, i know i had it smooth slow to ease out, but i had to increase it cause it was hanging to much at the last digit!

there should be a number inside there that does the incremental. really cant remember how its looking this template i did, il check the drive and let you know!

edited: on event 7 change subtract and add to 0.5 instead of 1 and make text set to round(self.Points)&"P" thats half speed, you can do 0.2 or any number under 1. but i think the lerp method posted by the other person was better i think, not sure why i said was complicated back then.

i also updated the capx link i think was locked O.O

• Thanks for the reply! I didn't expect an answer, since this thread was so old.

Anyway, I ended up adding multiple simultaneous conditions, so for example, if PointsToBeAdded > 1000, then add 100. if PointsToBeAdded > 10000, then add 1000 etc.

It worked out exactly as I hoped.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)