How I can create this effect on the score?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:36 am

gamecorpstudio wrote:here you go mate download i just created u the same effect. u can take a look inside i added some poorly commented events ... this is the easy and long way... there might be a more shorter ... but possible harder way...

@chadorireborn lerp might be useful.. but in this case... not... remember .. keep ur mind S&S... and ul find so many ways that work easy ... things dont need to be over-complicated

@gamecorpstudio I really like your example a lot. Thanks!

Is there a way to make the score count faster without looking like it's skipping numbers? I like the way the ones place is going at light speed, but when I use multipliers, the ones place doesn't spin really fast like that.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:15 am

Bilderberg CEO wrote:Is there a way to make the score count faster without looking like it's skipping numbers? I like the way the ones place is going at light speed, but when I use multipliers, the ones place doesn't spin really fast like that.

Thanks, glad you find it useful. :D .. i don't really remember what was inside that capx and i need to reset the password to access my drive. all i remember is that i used some variable that holds the amount of value to increase the total score... and decrease it .. i think if u reduce the number (once you find it.... :lol: :lol: ) that ads the total score will slow the increment down a bit, i know i had it smooth slow to ease out, but i had to increase it cause it was hanging to much at the last digit!

there should be a number inside there that does the incremental. really cant remember how its looking this template i did, il check the drive and let you know!

edited: on event 7 change subtract and add to 0.5 instead of 1 and make text set to round(self.Points)&"P" thats half speed, you can do 0.2 or any number under 1. but i think the lerp method posted by the other person was better i think, not sure why i said was complicated back then.

i also updated the capx link i think was locked O.O
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:15 am

@gamecorpstudio Thanks for the reply! I didn't expect an answer, since this thread was so old.

Anyway, I ended up adding multiple simultaneous conditions, so for example, if PointsToBeAdded > 1000, then add 100. if PointsToBeAdded > 10000, then add 1000 etc.
It worked out exactly as I hoped.
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?