How i can make thise trees better?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
77 Hi-Res realistic Trees over transparent background. Variety of species and seasons.
  • Hi,

I want animated trees in my game. I don't know y, but i can't focus enough to think of a best way of making thise trees look good and efficiante. before this demo i did tried sin movement for sprites + bone movement to keep branches attached to the trunk, but when i cloned the whole tree, both went mad, moving fast and the branches where spread all over the layout. So i came uot with thise non-moving trunks just to see how it my work.

here's exe

http://www.box.net/shared/4r2ig060ey

thanks

• im at my cel at work so i cant look at your exe, but it sounds like what caused the original object to mess up and behave erratically was object picking. if the original idea looked good, try using the object pairer or groups to fix that. although im not sure if bones were fixed so you can have more than one. also linkman's ik plugin would probably work as well if not better in this situation

• maybe. The thing is game is secert of mana style, so the trees have to have ilusion of depth from semi-iso perspective. Oh, it,s not only about the movement about about the gfx too. I'm not sure what kind of gfx i need: should i use separated branczes and leves, or connected with each other. When u see the exe you'll know what i'm aiming for.

• You should think about much more different shades of green for leaves. Every pack of leaves could have a random-generated colour filter.

Also, IMO sine movement has too much amplitude and too little frequency.

You should make leaves packs and branches a separate objects.

• Id say the coloration on the leaves is fine. I would however remove the white in between them, and replace it with alpha. One thing to think about.... you'd be amazed at what a simple dropshadow can do.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You are missing form, all the leaves blend in together and look flat. You need to consider the shape of the tree from this angle, How the leaves would be covering a lot of the trunk and so on

http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/tut ... apter5.htm

Check out the picture of the tree/sphere construction about a third of the way down.

• You are missing form, all the leaves blend in together and look flat. You need to consider the shape of the tree from this angle, How the leaves would be covering a lot of the trunk and so on

http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/tut ... apter5.htm

Check out the picture of the tree/sphere construction about a third of the way down.

I know that structure sux it's was more a a animation test. but yea, need to fix that.

greate tutorial, cheers for that.

• I think they look cool.

The only things I can suggest are to (like newt mentioned) get rid of the white between the leafy chunks and make them alpha transparent... and maybe reduce the amount of movement (unless it's supposed to be really really windy) because they move around a little too much. Other than that, they look pretty cool!

Maybe, if you plan on having loads of trees you could work on making a random tree generator event sheet which will randomly pick a trunk, and place random branches on it. Shouldn't be hard to do... a little time consuming perhaps, but not hard.

~Sol

• Man.

I can't draw. I look at your stuff and I realize I can't draw at all.

• well the branches are a bit too geometrical and seam with the trunk strangely since they stick out at 90 degrees in these ones.

also note that a trees trunk doesn't ever extend to the top of itself, its only one big trunk at the bottom, and as the tree grows it splits up into more arms.

as others said, replace the white b/w leaves with alpha, and perhaps give each tree 10-15 "lone" leaves, which arent in packets, just to add some extra realism

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)