how i goto next level

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:35 pm

@Wootah A seperate layout for your pause screen may not be as good of an idea, but if you do want to store some info, you can use the web storage object. But that won't save the layout state. You can save variable values though and use those to do things on load.

You may want to simply pause the rest of the layout and create a sprite or object for your level up screen. Let them pick, assign the values based on their choice to variables, then hide the level up object and unpause the layout...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:39 pm

Alright, Thanks for the tip. I don't want to divert too far from subject of this thread. so I will experiment for a while and come back with more questions (in it's own thread) later.Wootah2013-02-15 21:59:30
B

Post » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:24 pm

[QUOTE=BluePhaze] @teebee are you using custom layout Names or default names. I have seen many times when keeping the default Names where is easy to put the wrong name in a reference since they are all so similarly Named.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I was having a similar issue, but after renaming my layouts from "Level 1" and "Level 2" to "ghosts" and "explore" (without quotes), it loads up the correct layout I set it to.

I guess it doesn't like having the first same word with spaces in front of it...?

Edit: Um... Now it doesn't. @_@

Weird. I guess I'll play around with it more and see what happens.OniSquare2013-02-16 12:32:12
B

Post » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 am

I use custom names. And I have fixed it now by sending the player to a message screen with "You have concquered level #" that sends you to next level after a few seconds. Found the information on the forum.
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?