How is this possible? See code...

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:39 am

Have you tried using global variable such as create object ( card) +1 to global variable and then set that variable to global.

And using the On created trigger to set the variable to new global. And then you can use mouse with a variable in it as like If mouse is overlaping card -> get card id variable

And then If click over card sub event here Pick object base on variable mouse variable = card variable.

I had the same problem when I was doing rpg battle it was hard to get contruct to know which is which. I used this method and what you know it fixed it at least for five enemies that is.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:27 am

locohost wrote:Mmm, with respect, no I don't think so :-)

With respects, you are wrong.
Little stain already has explained why.

Moreover an OR block will execute if any of its condition is true.
Since a system compare value does not do picking and does not rely on previously picked instances, you were basically asking for the event to execute if ever a family had some instance variable (which it has).
So the event was executing all the time.

Likely not a C2 bug but a user misunderstanding issue.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:06 pm

Kyatric wrote:With respects, you are wrong.

With respect, really don't need "you are wrong" replies. I've already solved the problem. I can see my own code. I can enable and disable the issue at will so I clearly see the problem. But thanks for helping @Kyatric.
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:13 am

locohost wrote:I've already solved the problem. I can see my own code. I can enable and disable the issue at will so I clearly see the problem.

Well, your last post wasn't indicating this at all.

Image Image

Image Image

B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:57 pm

Kyatric wrote:
locohost wrote:I've already solved the problem. I can see my own code. I can enable and disable the issue at will so I clearly see the problem.

Well, your last post wasn't indicating this at all.

Ok that's true :-)

If I may, two polite suggestions for a forums "moderator": Telling a person flat out "you are wrong", using those words, regardless of whether the person really is wrong or not, is "impolite" English at best. It will probably sound rude in most cases. Sarcasm is also very tricky :-)
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:11 am

If you never tell people when they are wrong, how can they learn and improve ?
I prefer accuracy over "politeness" (which, to me in the current case, sounds more like hypocrisy than actual politeness).

In the post in question you made a wrong assumption about how C2 works, I told you you were wrong and explained why you were.
I don't see the sarcasm or the lack of politeness in that.

If I just had posted "You're wrong" and did not elaborate further, I would understand and agree with your point, but I provided an explanation to elaborate.
I did not just "point finger" for the sake of pointing finger.

Image Image

Image Image

B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:31 am

locohost wrote:
LittleStain wrote:Isn't this exactly what I was talking about?

Mmm, with respect, no I don't think so :-)

I'm not going to say you are wrong, because I have heard that would be very impolite..
You might want to admit it yourself, though..

It would be the respectful thing to do..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?