How many Construct2 Developers in the USA

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:10 pm

[QUOTE=Joannesalfa] [QUOTE=jn2002dk] [QUOTE=Joannesalfa] I don't know what is point of this thread...

Are you guys are making a Windows Phone exporter as Third party to Construct 2 to beat Apple iOS market?

or something like that?

[/QUOTE]
They want to help you get your game on the windows marketplace but only if you live in US[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, I've been living in the US with green card, but im actually living outside of the US and this thread seems they only allow US citizens instead living in the US.[/QUOTE]
Better ask the Microsoft rep, i'm sure he can tell you if you're eligible with a green card
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:23 pm

I haven't read anything about been citizen. I live in CO. Can you please quote the post? If that is the case I cannot participate then, and I'm quite interested on this project.
B

Post » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:24 pm

[QUOTE=gndwestwd] I haven't read anything about been citizen. I live in CO. Can you please quote the post? If that is the case I cannot participate then, and I'm quite interested on this project.
[/QUOTE]
From the original post it doesn't sound like you have to be a US citizen, you just have to live there
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:30 pm

[QUOTE=jn2002dk] [QUOTE=gndwestwd] I haven't read anything about been citizen. I live in CO. Can you please quote the post? If that is the case I cannot participate then, and I'm quite interested on this project.
[/QUOTE]
From the original post it doesn't sound like you have to be a US citizen, you just have to live there[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Cool, that is what I understood the first time, in spite of some posts. I'm attending to Game Art Design Program At Westwood College and this kind of opportunities are quite helpful. I would like to hear more details. Some posts are kind of misleading...
B

Post » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:37 pm

How glad I am to see that I'm not the only one who was ticked off by this. I really hope this rep is trying to make our loved Construct 2 a software able to export to WP. At least I hope he calls a few "evangelists" to drop a line here and respond to us lesser folk.

If I can have a say, I'd prefer not to use any service to export to WP aside from construct. If there's a need to go to Phonegap, well, it's good as well, I guess.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:01 am

[QUOTE=jn2002dk]
Better ask the Microsoft rep, i'm sure he can tell you if you're eligible with a green card[/QUOTE]

Microsoft already hired some people from different country who hold green card while are living in the US, well, at this thread i'm not sure what is really point of this thread, so i'm not going to make a pm to JonnyBritish because i still need to know what are requirements...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:03 am

The point of the thread is clearly stated in the original post. They're just trying to find out if there is any interest in the US based developers in the Scirra community to put their games and such onto the Windows 7 marketplace and, if there is, to find a way to make it easier for us to do so.

John (the MS rep) has already stated that he is only able to work with people living in the US right now. It's not his call, and it's understandable why Microsoft would want to start off with just the US for now, and then branch out to other countries afterwards if it proves successful.

The ones you should be mad at are us US based Construct 2 users if we don't make a big enough case for Microsoft to follow through with Construct 2 support!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:01 am

I am a Construct 2 user/developer living in the US (near Chicago, IL) and I am very interested in the Windows Phone 7 marketplace.

Construct 2 is one of my favorite tools, and personally I enjoy the challenge of designing for as many platforms as possible. Limitations and differences among hardware encourage creative solutions.

I'm happy to hear that Construct 2 games are running well on the Windows Phone 7 browser, as I haven't had the chance to try that out yet. Thanks for your interest and for reaching out to this community.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Once again thanks for all the responses. Microsoft did not task me with reaching out to the Construct2 community. I decided to do that as I am very excited by the product and what it can do. I am based just outside of Chicago so naturally connecting with the US people first seems like a good idea although as a British guy I am of course looking to connect with any Scirra devloper who will consider targetting our platforms.

In fact this morning I presented Scirra to my teams here at Microsoft. In addition as there were a few people with Birthdays I decided to build something with Construct2. So over an hour I read the tutorials then ended up building the next mega game - Birthday Blaster! :-)

Now that I have code running my next task is to work with phone gap build to see what the output looks like.

It was interesting last night that I only went halfway through the tutorial then switched into click and try mode and finished the game

Great tool and I will keep responding on this thread as we learn more.

JonnyBritish2012-04-30 15:25:08
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:18 am

Im wondering about windows phone simulator that we can test c2 games using web browser or wrapped html5 app before to release
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General