How many hours a day do you spend developing games?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Sat May 28, 2016 8:28 am

This past week has been my first full week of C2 dev. I have a job (unrelated to making games!) so I've been spending about 5 hours a day on the game. Again, not sure quite how much of that time is me waiting for builds to compile, or just research online, but its all good.

I am hoping that the more work I finish, the more knowledge and reusable components I will have for the next game :)
We make Facebook games!

Please contact us if you want to work with us to release your game on Facebook - our team have generated millions of installs for our own C2 and Flash games, and we can do revenue-share deals with YOU, too!

https://u1stgames.com
B
S

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 3:17 am

Sometimes it comes down to: "How much time do you spend procrastinating on developing games?" ;)

When I have a project I'm excited about working on though, maybe about 15-20 hours a week.
I like giving game advice more than I actually like making games ;)

B
S
G

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 7:21 am

I am a non-programmer & I am working in branch of a advertising agency as a graphics designer, and having very small salary
Now days I am free from any work so loves to do work in C2
Office has internet connectivity so I do all stuff related to net
like searching, posting, finding solution, some experiments with C2
after 8 hours duty
I have 1 hour part time duty more
after that rest 1 hour in home and then Start my pc and works in my project
their is not internet in home So all the data I get from office I revised and do practice on what i have got, I do practice on Sunday too.
I have started a project from last September and still working on that
The reason on working in a project from a long time is when i was beginner (Now i have above 5000 reputation, So I am not a beginner) My problem was my English. If I take any tutorial it taken so many hours to understand that what is written and what they have done in the tutorial. So my learning process is slow, is the reason of my slow speed on my project
Most of the things I get from the forums & tutorial which are the needs of my project. But I don't want to just copy or paste the matter. i was wish to learn it, grab it every little point had take time to be fit in my mind. for example : variables, approx 1 month time consumed (4-5 hours daily, 5 days in week) to understand that what are variable, what they do, and what I can do with that. Now you can guess what pain I am having. countless problems I have got in my project. Most amazing part is, half of them I have solved in my dreams, I was also doing work In my dreams specially solving problems & I got.
sometime problems that I already solved they comes back with another reasons, that was a big headache to me
Now I have done my project complete but still having some problems.
Soon I'll post my test game and link I'll post in forum
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 30, 2016 3:15 pm

3 hours or less, if my world is not crazy enough.

I may continue to my target development in Wednesday (when it was June 1st).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:37 pm

I found a hilarious XKCD associated with this idea: http://xkcd.com/1690/
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:24 pm

I spend most of my spare time on it, or at the very least, something related to it (e.g. learning programming). Probably about 20ish hours a week, if I had to guess.
Ruby Winds: a top-down adventure game inspired by the Oracle series of Zelda games.
Twitter - Devlog/Site
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas