How much should I make this cost?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Message: Brandon Vasek can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
I made a new template, and this one took me quite some time to design and make it function properly. Please give me your opinion on how much you think it should cost on the Scirra store.

https://www.scirra.com/arcade/other-games/virtual-currency-system-local-storage-demo-2889
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:41 pm

You seem rather interested in making money.
Have you given any thought to making games?
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:15 pm

Yeah, I actually have a game I'm working on, but I'm trying to sell assets to make enough money for the license so that I can publish to the app stores. My long term goal is to build a business out of this.
B
S

Post » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:41 pm

And why should they allow you to make money off of C2 before you purchase a license?
Is that fair to all the other people that read the terms and followed them?
Is that fair to people that actually purchased a license?
Are you even producing something worth someone else's money?
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:18 am

I bought the $25 license in the asset store. It allows me to sell templates, games, graphics, audio and more if I make a one time payment of $25. That is where I would be selling this template.
B
S

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:05 am

It allows you to sell assets you have copyright of.
You need a different license to use C2 commercially.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:46 am

I think we might have confused one another. Let me start over.

So anyways, I bought the $25 asset store license. I am putting my new asset I created up for sale tomorrow, but I'm not sure how much it is worth. That's why I was asking.

My long term goal is to buy a license so that I can publish my current game I am working on to app stores and make even more later on. I would like to make game developing a business instead of just a hobby.
B
S

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:54 am

Also, the reason I bought the $25 license, was because I was hoping to profit off of it and make quality assets and then earn enough for the personal license.
B
S

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:12 am

What newt is saying is you can't make a profit using the free version of C2. You need a personal license at least to sell games/templates/ etc

Assets/music etc you can sell on the store without a license as long as you don't use C2 for anything that you sell.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:54 am

@Brandon Vasek

Quote from the Licensing Agreement:

The Free Edition is permitted for use by anyone for non commercial use.

Commercial use counts as but is not limited to: use within any business (other than limited testing for suitability), generating advertising revenue, selling or licensing generated content or intention or capability to generate revenue.

In other words, you are not allowed to make any revenue from the free version - full stop. No discussion.

That would also mean - as far as I can see, @Tom will verify - that using a free version of C2 to create a template that you are then trying to sell is also not permitted under the terms of the C2 licensing agreement.

I would have thought that in order to sell templates, proof of a C2 license would be required, as that type of asset needs to be created within C2. Again, hopefully @Tom will have a say on this.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Open Topic