How old are you, How did you come to find C2??

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:47 am

@septeven Damn I've been spotted... You sound like you saw me somewhere :D or like I'm known for something... <_<... Anything it is, it's not my fault :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:28 am

I'm 18 years old and I came across this engine through a task in school where we were supposed to create a game (It's a game developer school) since I'm bettter at graphics so I thought that this engine fit me better. but when I first looked at construct it was the first one and now its construct 2 which is great :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:01 pm

I'm 24.

Like R0J0 the first game creator I started using was Klick n' Play.

My brother had a game magazine from around 1996 that had a small ad about it, but I only discovered it in 2002 when I found the magazine in a box and decided to revisit it for some nostalgic feelings. I then found some websites and communities about game creation and started using it.

Not so long after I discovered its successor The Games Factory, then Click n' Create, and some time after Multimedia Fusion. I used a lot the MMF 1.5, never finished a game but did some small useful applications.

Those were good times. I remember being lurking around the Clickteam's forums. At that time Ashley (AKA Tigerworks) was one of the best independent plugin makers for MMF. I was not very active at that community but I made some small contributions. I think I was one of the first to introduce the idea of multiple action points by then. Unfortunately they never made it into MMF2, but luckily Construct did!

So after trying briefly MMF2 I discovered Construct. At first I was not very attracted by it since it looked almost the same as MMF2 and yet very buggy. Influenced by Blender success, what later brought me here was it's open-sourceness. And with it the idea that I could use my years of experience with similar softwares, added to my design knowledge, to collaborate in a community effort to make the perfect game maker.

I was already working in a new interface proposal for the yet to come new Construct, when they suddenly announced C2. Unfortunately, soon after Scirra decided to go commercial and closed-source. Still, I liked the community and the improvements Construct had over Clickteam's system. Since then Scirra proved to know how to have a very nice company-user relationship, without being too greedy like most companies do, so I sticked with it.Animmaniac2012-01-15 16:05:32
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:05 pm

I'm 16, self-taught programmer and webdesigner :) I learnt to use Photoshop at 10, but I only interested myself to progamming quite recently. I started with PHP/HTML/CSS in march/may 2011, encouraged by the use of the Wordpress platform and theming tools. Then I learnt the basics of javascript with the jQuery library.

I heard about Construct 2 on a french website, and was very impressed at first by its use of HTML5. I'm currently learning to use the SDK, while developing a multiplayer plugin.Morhaus2012-01-15 23:06:21
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:56 am

I'm 31, a firmware engineer in Taiwan.
I like to make tools like plugins to help users solving problems.

My favor language is python, someday a friend told me that there is a game engine using python script so I come here.rexrainbow2012-01-16 03:00:50
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:41 am

I am 18 years old.

No computer programming knowledge at all which is why I have trouble here.

I do "things" with my characters around my town and wanted them to have some sort of purpose.

I always wanted a video game character/whole game that I made myself, so I accidentally came across this program by searching for how to make a space invader style game (I assumed it would be easy, it is not)

I have (at least just the one level) a space invader style game as an app on facebook, I already have the aliens in my game "painted" onto my clothing so people will see it if they see me.

I mainly made the game so (like I said) my characters will have a purpose besides just putting art in public places.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:54 pm

I'm 38 y/o Found Construct 2 after fiddling with Gamemaker 8 and Construct Classic...i started about two years ago learning programming and such and it has been a wild ride the whole way. I am disabiled so i have time to sit and learn things so i have used that time to learn the ins and outs of the gaming industry. I'v made a few full games since but now im working my way up..Thanks everyone for all your help and keep rock'n!!!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:19 am

[CODE]
class Reply{

public static void main(String args[]) {
   System.out.println(loadMe("josh.config").reason);
}

public static Person loadMe(String configFile){

Person me = new Person(configFile);
   me.age = 25;
   me.reason = "I have been programming in some form for ~15 years:
Basic -> VB -> C++ -> Java -> Web Stuff -> Construct, with others
interspersed. I found Construct while looking for a prototyping
solution for web-based graphical programs. I love it. I also know
straight up JavaScript, but why bother when there are great tools like
Construct available? I also write music and get along alright with
art, so I thought that I would give game development a go, even though
I haven't really done more than dabble with it before.";

return me;
}

}
[/CODE]

unlikely2012-02-26 01:21:12
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:59 am

@unlikely, haha loving the reply :p us programmers are so cool!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:47 pm

I'm 20, studying Psychology in Exeter, UK. I found Construct about 5 or so years ago when I'd been playing around with MMF and noticed that there was an open source alternative. Since then I've learned VB.net and C# and developed some software, as well as improving my graphical capabilities somewhat.
Then a few months ago I was wondering what had ever happened to Construct and found out that there was now a Construct 2 devoted to HTML5; what could I do but support it? ;)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic