How To: Animate and Light Weapons

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 pm

Hey guys!

I've been working on animations for our upcoming game, Dragonfly Zero, and wanted to share the process I used to create the weapon firing animations.

Wasn't sure which subforum to put this in, as it pertains heavily to art. However, it does include a good deal of technical aspects of making the art, so this subforum should work as well as any!

The write-up ended up being pretty long, but I added in pictures and humor where I could to make it more accessible. This post should be useful for artists and non-artists alike!

You can either click the banner at the top, or click this URL: How To: Animate and Light Weapons

Let me know what you guys think!

A few of the animations:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
B
S

Post » Wed May 28, 2014 5:57 pm

I like it! Not being much of an artist, myself, I feel these technique could help me with my own projects since you explained everything fairly well. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 29, 2014 3:19 pm

@DatapawWolf Glad you like it! I just updated it to include the original file I used, so you can compare your work or work off of that file while you go through it.

I'll be writing similar, graphic-based blog posts in the future and actually have intentions to write one about how to fit your game to any size screen/aspect ratio coming up here within a month or so - so stay tuned!
ImageImageImage
B
S

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas