How to animate player back to start position?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed May 15, 2013 7:43 pm

Greetings Forum Folks,

New to Scirra forums and trying to figure out some stuff.

I have a Player that is activated by touch. I hit an Enemy and the Player will dash to the Enemy to destroy it using the bullet behavior.

Now the question: I would like to have the Player move and animate back to the starting point. How would you folks attempt this? I don't want it to snap back.

I've experimented with a platform behavior to "slide" back to the origin point but wondering what the Scirra collective thinks.

Thoughts?

Tried to post storyboards, but having weird problems, hope they got through after I post:

Storyboard 1:

Storyboard 2:

Storyboard 3:

Storyboard 4:

Storyboard 5:
B
G

Post » Wed May 15, 2013 7:46 pm

I see a bunch of red "x" markers for my images. I tried to insert image in the forum editor and this is the result... Anyone want to steer me in the right direction I'm all ears.
B
G

Post » Wed May 15, 2013 7:48 pm

Using your existing bullet behavior have your player "set angle to position", that being your start position...

on enemy destroyed>....player set angle to position x,y

It's good practice to keep possibly conflicting behaviors to a minimum when possible...Pixel perfick2013-05-15 19:50:26
As long as I can move left, right and fire, I'm Happy...
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi Pixel Pefick,

Understood, I'll give that a try.
B
G

Post » Thu May 16, 2013 4:43 pm

Pixel Perfick,

Updating you - The bullet behavior works much better. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
B
G

Return to How do I....?