How to Autogenerate Pillars in an Autorunner every 24 HOURS?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:40 pm

I’m attempting to make my autorunner game multiplayer compatiable, but the randomly generate drama platforms interfere with the multiplayer as each player has a different randomly generated layout when I want them all to be the same. Help is much appreciated.
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Instead of "true random" you can use Seed Random plugin:
viewtopic.php?t=76204&start=0

If you define the seed based on the current date and then generate level, it will be the same for all players.
You just need to take into account possible time difference (maybe use GST or UTC time instead of local time on player's device).
Last edited by dop2000 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Did I help to fix a problem in your game? You can buy me a cup of coffee :) If you'd like to hire me, please see this post
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:12 pm

Message: CaesarSalad can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
dop2000 wrote:Instead of "true random" you can use Seed Random plugin:
viewtopic.php?t=76204&start=0

If you generate the seed based on the current date and then generate level, it will be the same for all players.
You just need to take into account possible time difference (maybe use GST or UTC time instead of local time on player's device).

Sweet I’ll check this out, also time zones may be a minor problem but I have it covered.
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:14 pm

There is a similar plugin - RandomPlus.
But I recommend Seed Random - the beauty of this plugin is that it modifies the built-in random generator in C2. You simply install it, define the seed and don't have to change anything else in your code.

Did I help to fix a problem in your game? You can buy me a cup of coffee :) If you'd like to hire me, please see this post
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:21 pm

dop2000 wrote:There is a similar plugin - RandomPlus.
But I recommend Seed Random - the beauty of this plugin is that it modifies the built-in random generator in C2. You simply install it, define the seed and don't have to change anything else in your code.

Both Dropbox files are gone.
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:41 pm

B
S
G

Return to How do I....?