How to build ipa(ios game )using build service?

Post » Tue May 23, 2017 3:38 pm

I was able to create a debug apk and run it on my device without any issues. iOS is another issue. I opened the project, Ghost Shooter Tutorial, in XCode and deployed to the iOS simulator. It runs but I end up with just a black screen in the simulator. I tried other unaltered samples from the home page with the same result. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Unfortunately the debug APK wont work on my mobile, just says "cant open file"
install from unknown sources is set to on.
As a reference, it installs from XDK builds, without a hitch.
Android 6, Moto G (4Lite)

Just as a reference, Construct3 will not work on my mobile also, after downloading spritesheets,
I always get "Aw Snap", probably a memory issue.
Bushy Ball\Boatman Bill\Sticky Web\Snake

Image ImageImageImage

During the gold rush it was a good time to be in the pick and shovel business
B
S

Post » Tue May 23, 2017 5:43 pm

@rhg1968 I'll take a look in when I get to the office tomorrow, just finishing up for the day at the moment.

@sizcoz Just to sanity check, do you have developer mode enabled on your phone and did you select the correct version of Android for your device when you exported?

It might be a memory issue, but I would find it surprising. I checked and your device should have 2GB of RAM, even taking into account the device being busy C3 generally uses less than 0.2 starting up and drops back fairly quickly. The only known major memory pinch point is during export.
Scirra Employee
B
S

Post » Tue May 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Nepeo wrote:@rhg1968 I'll take a look in when I get to the office tomorrow, just finishing up for the day at the moment.

@sizcoz Just to sanity check, do you have developer mode enabled on your phone and did you select the correct version of Android for your device when you exported?

It might be a memory issue, but I would find it surprising. I checked and your device should have 2GB of RAM, even taking into account the device being busy C3 generally uses less than 0.2 starting up and drops back fairly quickly. The only known major memory pinch point is during export.

Ok, got it to install !! Happy days.

IMPORTANT!! You have to have a File explorer like Astro file manager to install an APK not from Google, otherwise you get a "can't open file", I think maybe pointing this out, will help.

I also managed to sign and align.

I signed with jarsigner from the Java Bin directory, also I made sure that I had my .Keystore file and my C3 APK in the same directory, to save any lengthy file pathnames.

When in the Java Bin Directory hold down SHIFT & Right Click your mouse and choose Command Prompt.
Use this Command at the prompt>
jarsigner -verbose -keystore yourkeystorefilenamehere.keystore -storepass yourstorepasshere -keypass yourkeypasshere yourAPKhere.apk yourALIAShere

Then the only way I could Align it was from a program called apk-signer, found here https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/android-apk-signing-tool-apk-signer/

Following these steps seemed to work for me.

Thanks again @Nepeo

Just Admob intergration, Play Services etc to go, and your on to a winner.
Bushy Ball\Boatman Bill\Sticky Web\Snake

Image ImageImageImage

During the gold rush it was a good time to be in the pick and shovel business
B
S

Post » Wed May 24, 2017 12:46 am

this key sign process needs to be more simple like the Cocoon.io is, just load your previous saved key and press build, no command lines needed. Maybe a option to create a new key too.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 24, 2017 11:35 am

@sizcoz glad you got it working!

I do remember having that issue with installing an APK from the file explorer a couple of years back, the only way I could get it to work on that device was to use a 3rd party file manager.

It seems to install directly from chrome on my current test device (oneplus 3), but I guess the mileage may vary a little. I've also had success installing directly from google drive, which is helpful if your working on your desktop and you want to test a build quickly.

If you were having trouble accessing the zipalign tool I believe it's hidden away inside the AndroidSDK, so you can't access it without adding it to the PATH.
Scirra Employee
B
S

Post » Wed May 24, 2017 4:07 pm

@rhg1968 I've had a look and there's a missing dependency for the C2 runtime in iOS builds, I'm working on a patch that can go out on the server which will fix the problem.
Scirra Employee
B
S

Post » Thu May 25, 2017 2:10 pm

@rhg1968 The patch has been published to the server, you should be able to produce working xcode projects now. :)
Scirra Employee
B
S

Post » Thu May 25, 2017 4:30 pm

I just tried create an xcode project out of the flapping bird template and when I run it in the iOS simulator I still just end with a black screen and the initial cordova splash screen
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 25, 2017 4:42 pm

@rhg1968 When your producing your xcode project from C3 do you download the cordova project or the "built" iOS project? The exported cordova project will be broken until the next release.
Scirra Employee
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion