How to check the player's opengl?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:04 pm

I passed my game in html5 to a player, and reported that all "Dinamic Lights" do not work. The light effect does not work. How to check if it supports hi as well as multiplayer object?

Tk at All. Good Projects...
Amilton Neves do Brasil. Criando jogos des de 1999.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:34 pm

You can use the renderer and rendererdetail system expressions to display that information.
https://www.scirra.com/manual/126/system-expressions

renderer
The name of the renderer used to draw the game, currently either canvas2d or webgl. See Technology for more information on canvas renderers.

rendererDetail
The name of the graphics hardware in use to draw the game, such as "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660" or "Adreno 330". This is only available in WebGL mode in certain browsers and platforms; unsupported browsers/systems will return "(unavailable)". Projects should not rely on this string having any exact contents, but it can be useful to diagnose which GPU is in use in dual-GPU systems, or to look for keywords and apply default graphics settings based on the type of hardware.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:49 pm

oosyrag wrote:You can use the renderer and rendererdetail system expressions to display that information.
https://www.scirra.com/manual/126/system-expressions

renderer
The name of the renderer used to draw the game, currently either canvas2d or webgl. See Technology for more information on canvas renderers.

rendererDetail
The name of the graphics hardware in use to draw the game, such as "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660" or "Adreno 330". This is only available in WebGL mode in certain browsers and platforms; unsupported browsers/systems will return "(unavailable)". Projects should not rely on this string having any exact contents, but it can be useful to diagnose which GPU is in use in dual-GPU systems, or to look for keywords and apply default graphics settings based on the type of hardware.

Many thanks for your tip, but for reasons of being a beginner could you tell me what the condition really is? :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Not sure what your question is...

Create a debug text object. Set text to renderer.

Now your user can see if they are using webgl or not.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:25 am

oosyrag wrote:Not sure what your question is...

Create a debug text object. Set text to renderer.

Now your user can see if they are using webgl or not.

TK GUY... :D
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?