How to control an object's movement?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Hey guys,so Im making a game where you basically pick a creature and fight against another creature...Now I finished the character select screen and did the layouts for the "battles".All that is left is to digitally edit the villian and a background and then add some events :P However,when I tried playing it the sprites had akward movements.For example,when I jump,the creature flips,lands on its head,and continues walking normally :P Here are some screenshots:

If you guys need anything else(for example: Behaviors,Instance Variables...)just tell me ^_^

Thanks in advance...Oh and this is the character select screen I was talking bout:

B

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:04 pm

If you used a behaviour, it could be the "Set Angle" parameter, which should be disable in that case
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Hmm do you mean I should make the event Set Angle?If so what angle should I use?Oh and im kind of new so i might misunderstand some stuff :/
B

Post » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:35 am

[QUOTE=Hasan Farhat] Hmm do you mean I should make the event Set Angle?If so what angle should I use?Oh and im kind of new so i might misunderstand some stuff :/[/QUOTE]

don't worry, everybody is a new first ^^

first: how did you make the creature move?

If you used a behaviour like "8 directions", then when you click the creature, in the properties window (on the left by default) should look like this:

it could be another behavior, but even in that case, this "Set Angle" should be set to "No".

and if you didn't use a behavior, how did you do to control himAphrodite2013-04-28 00:36:43
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:15 am

you can understand with the capx see the one down

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cvdj1dvl9oe5qh/game.capx?v=0mcng
B

Return to How do I....?