HOW TO create a back to my Dropbox

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:41 am

Can't find any instructions on how to create an auto backup to my DropBox. I'm in C2 Prefs and can't figure it out. Help please. Step-by-step needed.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:50 am

B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:33 am

Thanks but I was on that page and many forum posts before giving up and posting here. There's nothing out there showing exactly how to hook up an auto save to a drop box account. It just mentions how important it is.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:12 pm

First, install Dropbox on your machine. When you install Dropbox, you indicate which folder Dropbox will keep synchronized for you. Make a subfolder under the dropbox root folder to store your Construct 2 backups. Make a note of the full path to the dropbox managed folder where you want your backups to be stored.    

Use the instructions here to set your backup preferences, and specify the dropbox managed folder you identified above as one of the backup locations.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:49 am

Thanks BStateham. I did those exact instructions before and, when saving/running the backup, I get a failed to connect error. Here's the folder path according to DropBox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rq1sol6gsa84iu0/zZLhEyob1f

I had a DB account for many months, created a sub-folder and the above is the path. Getting the error though so don't know what I could be doing wrong. That folder path is sitting in the Location 2 field.

Any suggestions?
thanks again
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:09 am

Here's the error message. Note that the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rq1sol6gsa84iu0/zZLhEyob1f
opens the subfolder in a browser so I know it's valid.

I notice the error indicates trying to backup to... folder path plus the .capx name. The subfolder has nothing in it right now so don't know what's going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?