How to create water spray effect?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:31 pm

I've been trying to figure it out myself but I ran out of ideas...
What I need is water spray (http://bit.ly/13pYs4z) effect. I tried to use particles but couldn't get that effect. How I see it in my mind is when player presses a button for shooting it creates water spray effect next to the 'weapon' Any ideas how to make it? Or maybe someone knows properties for particles object that will make that effect?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:27 am

Hey there BigDream,

It's not hard, particles are the way forwards I think. You will have to mess with it for a few minutes, but you should soon get the hang of it.

Look at the properties and read through them.

Insert a particle object. Double click on it to open the image editor and make the brush size very small. select a grey colour (or whatever colour you mist spray will be). draw a few dots in a sort of cloud shape, but leave lots of space between the dots.

You can rotate the spray cone using the line with a square frame on the end of it. Line it up with you weapon.

To get a broad spray needed for your example, you will have to open up the spray cone to 100. Rate to 40 and give it a try.

Should be in the right direction for you.

IPete2.
B

Post » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:50 am

B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:53 am

Thank you very much, guys! This is exactly what I needed!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:18 am

error 404 u__u
B
S

Return to How do I....?