How to erase object background

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Fri May 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Hello,

I started to learn to do things with Construct, because I have no experiences with programming. I got trough some tutorials succesfully and finally start to create adventure game, because I even got graphic objects which I can use, that means I can learn other things during solving a specific problems.

However my first specific problem is the dumbest one. Please I need to know how I can make dissapear background of any object. Normally it should look like this:

..but even after trying different collors of the background anch changing formats it still look like this:

Can you please direct me somewhere or say how it works?

Thanks
B
G

Post » Fri May 14, 2010 2:11 pm

I could be wrong, but I don't think Construct uses a specific color for transparency. Normally you should load images that already have an alpha channel; for example, PNGs.

However, you can get rid of the background around that art by selecting the outside part with the magic wand tool and deleting it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 14, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks a lot, I tried that but didnt hit delete :D
B
G

Post » Sat May 15, 2010 5:03 am

Magenta - 255, 0, 255

But for some reason whenever you save them out of the Construct editor, it appears black in programs like Paint but stays transparent in Construct.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 15, 2010 8:17 am

You have to save them as *.png to confirm your changes. Paint will always show background as a black.
B
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic