How to find the file size of my project image files?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hello all,

I have created a project that seems to be larger in file size than it needs to be. I have a bunch of Sprites that are PNG files and a collection of audio files. I want to possibly reduce the projects file size by re-working some of the images to lower sized files. My question is:

How do I find the file size (so that i can check their sizes) of the image or audio files that I am using? I saved the project as a single file (capx) and so there is no file directory structure to search through.

Any ideas?

Thanks all.

• Try saving it as a Project instead of a .capx. That'll give u a better idea

• Thanks bu it sounds like this most basic of features is missing

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Odd

• Make a copy of your capx file. Then rename the file from whatever.capx to whatever.zip Unzip the file and you'll find your images. However, keep in mind that when you export your completed project those images will all be optimized by construct 2. (It's usually recommended that you don't optimize them yourself as it's an unnecessary step but of course it's up to you in the end)

• Make a copy of your capx file. Then rename the file from whatever.capx to whatever.zip Unzip the file and you'll find your images. However, keep in mind that when you export your completed project those images will all be optimized by construct 2. (It's usually recommended that you don't optimize them yourself as it's an unnecessary step but of course it's up to you in the end)

Thanks, but that seems overkill to simply find the size of a PNG that I am using.

• The entire process takes 5-10 seconds.

• The entire process takes 5-10 seconds.

I know - but it shouldn't be necessary. Finding the size of a file should be as simple as a right-click-> properties. I shouldn't have to create dummy projects to check the size of one PNG or JPG file. Just my 2c.

• Maybe I misunderstood. I thought that's what you wanted because in your post you stated there is no file directory structure to search through and asked for ideas. david7457 and I both gave you valid ways of doing what you asked. If you don't really want ideas then please don't waste our time asking for them.

• when you say size what do you mean exactly Resolution? or file size? if you mean file size do you not keep the original files?

• Maybe I misunderstood. I thought that's what you wanted because in your post you stated there is no file directory structure to search through and asked for ideas. david7457 and I both gave you valid ways of doing what you asked. If you don't really want ideas then please don't waste our time asking for them.

Sir, no disrespect, but your suggestion is weak. To expect a user to create a ghost project just to view the filesize of a JPG or PNG is a suggestion but not a reasonable one.

I'm not wasting anybody's time. Its a simple question; Is there a quick method to view the size (KBS or MBs etc) from C2 ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)