How to generate custom terrain or modify sprites

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:39 am

@ Whiteclaws,
Someone needs to apologize for your rudeness. I'm not following you around, as these threads are for everyone,but I really feel sorry for the people you take your rage out on. So yes, until you tone it down and grow up a bit. I'll be on your ass like white on rice! You ARE not a moderator of these forums!
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 am

I agree with @Auntie Val , @Whiteclaws you are far too jaded for your age.
If you can't really add something positive then there's no point in joining in.

Anyway Yann's plug Polygons is similiar to Rojo's Canvas, and allows for manipulation of its collision poly.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:12 am

I'm sorry ... Eh ... @Auntiel Val ...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Just an update, for anyone that cares. I think @UncleJunkie's link put me onto a great way to handle this. I didn't intend for this to be a "Terraria-ish" type game, but this has lead me to an interesting mechanic for another game I have planned AND it may have led me to a way to simulate a type of vector type terrain for this one. If I use a similar style grid terrain system and different top sprites with varying surface angles I could provide a like style surface but with a higher "resolution", so to speak. I just have to make sure that each angled surface sprite corresponds and matches the adjacent sprites. Not quite a vector drawing system but it would fit my needs. However, this could lead to a vector-ish drawing using grids and sprites. Maybe I'll work on that later, but, for now, I think I have my direction.

Thanks for all of your support!   
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?