How to get animations work correctly

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
3 pixel charaters with over 8 animations each + animations with a gun
  • Putting this in beginner section since it's probably something very basic (couldn't find the solution from google).

I'm working on a platformer game and I have "Glide" and "Double Jump" animations made for my character.

I've gotten both work except with a few problems:

1. Having my "Glide" animation trigger on "Key X down" makes the animation trigger every tick so only first frame is shown.

2. Currently, "DoubleJump" animation plays on every jump, I would like it to play only on the double jump.

Tried several things already but can't seem to get either work correctly

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Glide: try adding another condition : on X down and animation glide is not playing >> play glide

double jump: try placing your double jump event before (above) the simple jump

• Glide: try adding another condition : on X down and animation glide is not playing >> play glide

double jump: try placing your double jump event before (above) the simple jump

Tried adding another condition under 'X down' and having it as a sub-event but neither work and it still replays it from frame 1 every tick despite checking that the animation is already playing. Odd.

As for the double jump problem, swapping the events just makes it do normal jump twice.

• capx?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)