How to Include Video in a Mobile Game?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • Hey everyone. My group and I are utilizing this engine for our Mobile Hidden Object Adventure Game. My team and I would like to include video cut scenes but we haven't the first clue as to how to accomplish this for a mobile game as we are still becoming accustomed to C2.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I noticed this engine is capable of using WebM format in the video plugins list. Is this a viable option or no?

Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Does anyone have any advice?

• Did I ask an inappropriate question? If I did I apologize. It's just we weren't going to include video cut scenes initially but I just recently played a similar style game on my iPad and saw that they were able to include video. I'd like to do this for our game but am unsure if either the engine won't support this in the wrapping process or if it's some kinda very tricky programming that makes it possible.

If anyone could shed some light on our ignorance we'd be very grateful. Thanks.

• You could always use the iFrame plugin, and just have a video displayed on a web page and just point the iFrame to the web pages URL.

Then with the use of the new Intel Crosswalk exporting to mobile, it supports the iFrame plugin.

• : GameThirsty

Thanks bro for helping. We really appreciate it! Plus we weren't even aware of the existence of Intel's Crosswalk. Thanks for that. However we looked a little into it and so far we only saw mention of Android based apps. Will Crosswalk not work for iPad devices?

• jesblood

Yes, it is only a viable option for Android, this far.

However I do come to believe it will also be available for iOS in the near future.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well again, thanks for the help. Here's to hoping they will include the support. God bless you bro. Hope your game is extremely successful.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)