!! HOW TO MAKE A 3D GAME WITHOUT PLUGINS OR PYTHON

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:37 pm

[quote="Mipey":ihvemz52]Do you have content to fill that 3D environment with?[/quote:ihvemz52]

Me specifically, yes. Working in 3d is much easier for me than dealing with 2d sprites. I usually make characters and environments in 3d anyway, then draw over them in Photoshop to create the sprites. I can't speak for others but why limit people? Having the option for it could attract those like myself who are more 3d oriented but find other engines like Unity too complicated.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:13 pm

[quote="UberLou":2aeumbtd]Having the option for it could attract those like myself who are more 3d oriented[/quote:2aeumbtd]
What he said!

Looking forward to the new obj object.
I hope we get a decent set of parameters to manipulate the object with. :)

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:35 am

Yeah, I'm kinda curious as to how may polygons we can expect to get.
Plus are we going to have to dig out the uv-unwrapper, or (yeah I know its silly to even suggest it) does it use colorfilters as materials.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:43 am

3d object sounds pretty useful, but 3d is just so much of a hassle to handle in engine, and to create content for that i don't see very many people using it. Doesn't mean im not excited for the plug tho, been wanting this for a while, and modeling some things using 3DS instead of variables and sprites, code and beziers seems very nice :P. what rotation system is it using?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion