How to make a moving platform?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:31 pm

Hi there, i have a question; how i do moving platforms that goes from side to side of the layout, and how to make the character "stay" in the platform, because i already tryed (w/ no sucess) adding a ball behaviour and some invisible objects as colisions detecters, but no one resolved my problem. And how i make a platform fall after the player stay there for more than 2seconds?
B
G

Post » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:01 am

[url:c4sdo8no]http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/4/1796632/movingplat.cap[/url:c4sdo8no]

That's the moving platform part. I failed at making the player stay on it though. :(
I do know that moving platforms are eventually going to be added, but hopefully someone can figure a simple solution. It seems so EASY too! LOL

hope that helps! :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:03 am

Hey just saw linkman post this is a similar thread:

Moving platforms would probably be pretty easy. Essentially, you would need a bottom detector for the character, one that extends about 1 or 2 pixels below the character. For the platforms, they could each have a variable that has their speed. If the bottom detector is colliding with the platform, it can just add the platform's speed value to the X/Y speed value of the character.
B
S
G

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic